Alive and Shattered: Chapter Three {Adena's POV}

Thanks so much to _SecondJaineration_ for the AMAZING trailer! 

Adena’s POV:

As the bell rang, releasing us from this hell, I walked quietly to my locker at the end of the hall. It was located in a quieter spot which is why I chose it. The school halls were filled with loud yelling and tons of different conversations; making the walk to my locker difficult.

Eventually I made my way through the crowd of students and to my locker.  

When I reached my locker, I rubbed my swollen eyes. I was still upset over the harsh words spoken to me earlier in the bathroom. Opening my locker, I kept my face away from others and put my books into my locker.

It was finally time to go home.

No more having to hide my feelings. I could go home and let it all out in secret; which is how it is always done. A few students passed by me and glanced my way, but I ignored them; just like I always did.

I quickly glanced around to see if anyone was looking. Finding no one, I reached into the deepest part of my locker. As soon as my hands grabbed a hold of the little bottle, I pulled it out and turned it over; making sure it was the right one.  Seeing it was the eye drops, I looked over my shoulder to check for others again.

I lifted my head and squeezed the bottle, dropping a drop into my right eye. I looked around again, seeing a group of students coming down the hall. I stuck my head further into my locker, attempting to place another drop in. As it flew into my left eye, a voice erupted:

“Are you trying to stuff yourself in your own locker?” It startled me so bad I slammed my head against the top of the locker. I quickly dropped the bottle, hiding it back in it’s spot, before pulling my head out and rubbing it.

I turned around and faced Grady, who has a smirk on his face. I glared at him and rubbed my head again.

“For your information, these lockers are really deep and I was trying to reach something when your loud and obnoxious voice scared me and made me bump my head.”

"Don't you mean romantic and smooth?” He replied, sticking up his left eyebrow with a sly smile. I jokingly punched him in the shoulder. Grady Zidek has been a family friend for years. I don’t only consider him to be Quinton’s best friend, but he also is like a brother to me. I grabbed one more book, putting it in my backpack, before zipping it up and closing my locker.

“Time to walk home.” I smiled, starting down the hall. Grady walked with me.

“Where’s your car?” Grady wondered.

“Quinton’s been taking it to go to his football training things after school, so I’ve just been walking home.”

“You know I can just give you a ride home right? Don’t you trust my driving?” I started to laugh, causing Grady to pout. “Well then. You can walk home.”

“I’m getting a little worried about Quinton. I mean he’s always working out. I think he’s going a little overboard,” I said, changing the subject.

“I don’t.”

“Why?” I questioned.

“Wait until you get him at my house! He eats half my pantry every time he comes over.” I couldn’t help but laugh. That was definitely my brother.