Alive and Shattered: Chapter Six {Adena's POV}

Thanks so much to thereadingsuggestion for ordering me the banner on the side! And thanks so much to decimate who made the amazing banner!

Adena’s POV:

“So, we got our tests back in history today. Mr. Johnson called my name and I went up to his desk to get it. When I saw my grade I was so happy I jumped in the air, kicking the desk behind me, knocking it over, and knocking it into the snake’s cage, causing it to fall and the snake to start slithering around the room! After we found it and put it back we spent twenty minutes trying to calm Lizzie Davis down! It was the best,” Quinton laughed.

“What did you get on the test?” I questioned.

“I got an A! It would have been a hundred but I... spelled my name wrong.”

“And that is why you failed third grade,” Grady teased, patting Quinton on the shoulder.

“Oh shut up!” He yelled, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I think you hurt his feelings,” I pouted, looking to Grady in the mirror. Grady burst in laughter which Quinton soon joined in. “Grady, what did you get on the test?” I teased him, knowing exactly what he got.

“Adena, be quiet. We aren’t talking about me right now.” He tried to change the subject. “So, did you know that dinosaurs lived quite along time ago?” I stared at Grady from the rear view mirror, but glanced at the road every once in awhile, so I wouldn’t crash the car.

“Answer the question. I am sure Quinton wants to know; since you guys like never talk,” I joked.

“I got a C. But at least I can spell my name!” he protested. I laughed and Quinton joined me. It was so fun messing with them.

“Hey! While we are talking; does anyone know what causes a lamp to stop working? My lamp in my room isn’t working and I need it. “ Grady questioned us. I immediately started thinking of what could be wrong.

“Is there a light bulb in it?” I replied.

“Yes.”

“Is the light bulb new or old?“

“Brand new.”

“Is it screwed in all the way?”

“Yeah.” I thought for a moment.

“Is it plugged in?”

“Of course-” Grady thought a moment. I knew the answer when his face turned a light pink.

“Plugging it in might help.” I stifled a laugh, already knowing he was suffering.

“Please don’t tell anyone.” He pleaded. I glanced at Quinton as though I was contemplating.

“I guess we can, but just to let you know; if I ever need anything, I am going to you.” Quinton told him with a smirk. I ignored the rest of their banter and bickering about who is better at playing video games and who deserves an award for their acting skills. I turned the corner and could already see the house on the right side. Music blasted as we pulled up to the two story brick house.

“Are you sure we can’t convince you to come with?” Quinton asked.

“Yeah. I have some things to do at home,” I nodded.

“Come on! It’ll be fun,” Grady smiled.

“No thanks. Maybe next time.”

“You said that last time...” Quinton mumbled under his breath. Grady and Quinton thanked me for the ride, got out of the car, and went up to the brown front door. I watched them go inside, but then allowed my eyes to wander.