Alive and Shattered: Chapter Twenty {Dylan's POV}

This chapter is dedicated to my amazing cowriter! She's not getting all the credit she deserves! She's such an amazing person, friend, and cowriter! I'm so glad to be working with her! Even when this book's over, which is sadly soon, I still hope we write more! Love you! (Not in a creepy way, hehe)

Dylan’s POV

I felt horrible.

No, I was horrible.

I was an idiot to yell at Adena like that; Adena of all people. For some unknown reason, she was special to me and I might have lost her because of what I said to her. What was worse is that I came to the realization that she was right. My dad did deserve to know and I am glad she told him.

But I don’t know if I could ever forgive myself for the way I talked to her. Adena hadn't returned any of my texts. I had texted and called her a total of fifteen times last night.

And she never responded.

So I decided to do what I had do. I drove over to her house and showed up unannounced. That was why I was standing at her front door; my hand hovering over the door bell.

At first, I was planning on turning around and walking home. I didn't want to hear Adena kick me out or tell me she no longer wanted to speak to me. But when I thought of the tears resting on her face, my finger pushed the button.

My foot tapped in anticipation as I stood there. Thankfully, the door flew open. Adena's step sister stood there, I think her name was Charlotte?

"Well, hello," she smiled.

"Yeah, hi. Is Adena here?"

“I don’t know, but I'm Charlotte. We haven't been introduced yet," she held out her hand.

"Dylan... now is Adena here? It's important."

"The freaks probably in her room," Charlotte snapped, setting down her hand and moving to the side. I moved past her and charged up the stairs. As I came up to her door, I froze for a moment.

I was so nervous and afraid. I didn't want her to reject my apology, she deserved to know what I said was only out of anger. Taking a deep breath I knocked on the door.

"What?" Adena yelled.

"Hey.. Its me, Dylan," A sound erupted, almost like she moving around frantically.

"One minute," she called. I sighed, she didn't want to talk to me. I was considering walking away when I heard a loud crash come from her room.

"Adena!" I yelled; grabbing onto the door knob and rushing into the room. Adena sat on the ground, wrist up. Blood leaked from her wrist as she sat surrounded by a broken picture frame. "Adena..." I stared at her, wanting to rush to her and help her like she once helped me.

"Dylan..." She glanced at her wrist. "The picture frame broke...I was cut...with the glass..." I nodded my head in understanding.

"Do you want me to help you clean up?"

"I can do it," she offered, getting up from the floor.

"No, I'll do it. Go clean up your arm," she nodded, rushing to the bathroom. I found a small shopping bag and slipped the glass into the bag.

As I picked up some of the smaller pieces, something shined in the corner of my eye. I looked towards the bed, seeing something silver hiding under it.

Glancing over my shoulder, I could see Adena was still in the bathroom so I leaned forward and reached for the object. Holding it in my hand, I quickly realized what it was.

"I can't believe that frame fell on my wrist, what are the odds?" Adena stated. I felt like my whole world stopped as I stood up from the ground. "Dylan?" She questioned.

Turning around slowly, I held the blood stained razor in my hand. Adena was confused by my expression, but when she made eye contact with the razor she froze.

"Is this... yours?" I questioned.