Alive and Shattered: Chapter Five {Dylan's POV}

This chapter is dedicated to the best cowriter i've ever worked with! She's so nice, super funny, and has been there for me whenever I needed someone! So thank you!

It's also dedicated to signnomore for the AMAZING trailer! Thank you so much! You did an excellent job.

Dylan’s POV:

“So, before we start, how’s the head?” I asked as soon as I had grabbed a topic from the hat. The topic was ‘Movies’ but I was curious about how she was.

“I’m fine,” Adena smiled. “My mom wasn’t happy about having to take me but they said it was just a small cut and I felt dizzy because I had hit a nerve? I’m not sure, I can’t remember what they said.” I decided to focus on the fact she had been dizzy, not wanting to think about my mother at all right now.

 “You were dizzy? I didn’t know that.” I questioned.

“Uhm... Yeah! I thought I told you...” She replied, starting to trail of.  

“How does it feel? Does it hurt?”

“Uhm.. It stings a little,” she responded, not going into details. I stared at her in shock.

“Come on, not even a little information? Please? Don’t make me beg.” I joked around. She sighed and gave in.

“It is a small scratch, but mostly a goose egg on my head; nothing serious,” she was done talking. I accepted what she gave me, since she did give me something.

“Okay, movies. What is your favorite movie?” I asked her. She quickly answered with little hesitation which greatly surprised me.

“Beauty and the Beast.”

“What’s with girls and Disney movies?” I asked, laughing at the look she gave me when I did.

“It happens to be one of the best Disney movies ever, thank you very much.”

“Why? It’s like every chick flick ever! Girl hates guy, they end up liking each other, and they fall in love. Bamn! Whole plot right there!”

“Maybe so, but the beast learns a lesson as well as Belle and everybody else.”

“Well! That’s just a typical chick flick to me! Take my favorite movie, Tower Heist. It’s not like a chick flick! In fact, for someone there’s no happy ending!” I said, trying to get off the topic of Disney movies before anyone overheard and assumed I liked them.

“Maybe, but the beast learns that someone can love him even though he is the ugliest and meanest thing on earth. Someone still cared for him. That is a great lesson. But I am sure that movie you said is a good movie too.” She intended on getting her point across.

“Okay.” I laughed, putting my hands up in defense. “You have a really good point; and yes.Tower Heist is the best movie in all of existence.” She nodded her head, and a thoughtful look crossed her face. “So! What’s your favorite non Disney movie?”

“Pride and Prejudice. What is your favorite Disney movie?” She questioned me with a hint of a smile.

“Disney movie?! Psh... I don’t watch Disney,” I laughed, leaning back in the desk. She rose her brow in question.

“Don’t lie to me,” I sighed

“Okay... If I had to chose! And I mean if I had to, I would chose Peter Pan.”