Alive and Shattered: Chapter Seven {Adena's POV}

Thanks so much to KlarolineDelenaLovex for the AMAZING banner on the side!

Adena's POV

I lost my breath for a moment as his lips left my cheek. He smiled causing my heartbeat to quicken before he faded away as I awoke from my dream. I still had butterflies fluttering around in my stomach as I smiled; I have never been this happy to be up.

Usually when I woke up, I didn’t feel anything except a small amount of wanting to be asleep. I usually loved to be asleep. It was like being dead without the commitment.

But not today.

I sat up and bit my lip to keep myself from smiling. I could still feel the heat from his lips on my cheek. I smiled and jumped out of bed.

I was going to smile and enjoy today like I have never before. I danced my way to the bathroom. I froze remembering I had chores to do, but I shrugged it off and decided to have a cleaning party.

Today would be a day of fun and nothing else.

I ran downstairs, walking towards the radio we had sitting on the back table in the living room. I flipped it on, turning up the volume

“It’s time to take a step back to two years ago. Here's one of the most popular songs of 2011,” the radio host announced as a very familiar beat erupted. “Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO.”

I headed over towards the vacuum, spinning around and kicking my feet along the way. When I reached the vacuum I pulled out one of the attachments and used it as a microphone.

“Yeah, yeah,” I started to sing, walking towards the hall mirror. “When I walk on by,” I sung, walking past the mirror. “Girls be looking like,” I doubled back looking in the mirror, “Damn he fly,” I said, winking at myself as I walked into the kitchen. “I pimp to the beat, walking on the street in my new lafreak, yeah,” I sang, popping my collar.

I finally made it into the kitchen, switching my vacuum extension for a wooden spoon. “This is how I roll, animal print, pants outta control,” I threw my head back and started to twirl. “It's Redfoo with the big afro” I pulled my hair out of it’s ponytail and shook it, tossing the hair tie onto the counter. “And like Bruce Leroy I got the flow.” Reaching for the ceiling, I started swaying my hips to the music; almost running into the kitchen counter. “Ahhh, Girl look at that body,” I sang three times into the spoon. “I-”

“I-I, I work out,” Someone sang, scaring me. I spun around to see Quinton, flexing his biceps.”Ahh, girl look at that body,” He sang three times, rubbing a hand down his stomach with a very creepy look on his face. “When I walk in the spot.”

“Yeah,” I sang. “This is what I see.”

“Okay,” Quinton sang as he got down onto one knee and made a camera with his fingers.

“Everybody stops and they starin’ at me,” I sang, doing model poses. Quinton jumped up off the ground.

“I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it...” We both sang in unison. We stopped for a moment and waited for the next part. “I'm sexy and I know it.” We sang twice, stopping for a quick second to laugh.

“Yo, when I'm at the mall, security just can't fight 'em all,” Quinton sang, spinning in a circle. His socks caused his feet to slip from under him, as he slammed to the ground. I couldn’t help but burst into laughter. As I did, I glanced at the clock.

“Oh my goodness!” I said as he sat up.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine,” he said getting up from the ground and dusting himself off.