And So It Begins

"Follow me this way, Mr. Styles, we would like for you to take an entrance exam." says Ms. Schelton, guiding Harry to a large room. She pushes the doors open, and the room is empty.

"So I'm going to be alone while taking the exam?" Harry asks, making a face.

"Yes, we've cleared the room out just for you, Mr. Styles." Ms. Schelton tells Harry, urging him into the bright room. Harry walks in with a sigh.

Harry was hoping for some noise, he hates being in rooms that are too quiet. Ms. Schelton should know that since she's even working here at Styles Academy.

Taking a seat at a large desk, the chair plush and soft, Harry looks at Ms. Schelton expectantly. She stops staring at Harry and scurries to the back of the room to get a test. While rummaging through the file cabinets, Ms. Schelton smiles happily when she finds the special test that Harry is to take. Ms. Schelton eagerly slaps the exam down on Harry's desk, making him flinch at the sound.

"Now, I know you don't like being in rooms that are too quiet, so I will play recordings of some of S.A.'s students singing your songs," says Ms. Schelton, walking to the desk at the front of the room. She opens a drawer, and pulls out a sleek, expensive audio recorder. "Is that alright for you, Harry?"

"If the audio sounds as great as that thing looks, then absolutely." Harry says, staring at the shiny device, wondering why he has never even seen one of those before.

"Okay, wonderful!" the woman exclaims, placing the recorder down after turning it on. "I have other business to attend to, so please press that silver button on the wall after you finish your test." Ms. Schelton tells Harry, pointing at the office call button sitting on the wall at the far left of the room.

She leaves the room, and Harry opens up the test booklet. Reading over a few of the questions, he is puzzled.

The questions are all regarding him...

Questions asking him what he likes, what he dislikes, his favorite things in life, his pet peeves...

"...Well this will be easy." Harry laughs aloud, turning on the recorder Ms. Schelton left.

Twenty minutes later, and Harry is nearly finished with the easy test booklet. Just as he about to answer the next question, a beautiful and serene voice fills the room. Harry freezes and turns towards the recorder. The voice sounds familiar to him, buy even more soothing.

"It's the lad from earlier..." Harry thinks, listening intently to Louis sing on the recorder.

Harry is shook.

Louis sings Harry's songs just as well as Harry does. With a small smile and a relaxed feeling, Harry continues to work on the rest of the test.

After about three minutes or so, Louis' voice is no longer filling Harry's ears, and he is finished with the test. Harry gets up from his desk to press the silver button on the wall like he was instructed to.

"Here we go." Harry thinks triumphantly, pressing the button with no hesitation.

-

"Maaaann," Harry exaggerates, sitting at the breakfast table with his sister. "That test I took yesterday to get into Styles Academy was difficult beyond belief." Harry jokes, spreading apple jam on his toast.

"What was on it?" Gemma asks in interest, taking a sip of her orange juice.

"Ha, it was just a bunch of questions all about me." Harry tells his sister, and her eyes widen in surprise.

"Really?" she asks. "Don't you think that's just a bit weird? And why do you even want to be a student at Styles Academy so badly anyway?" Gemma asks.

Harry groans in his mind. Why did he invite her over for breakfast again?

"Gemma, you wouldn't understand. Just let it happen." Harry answers, and Gemma scoffs.

"You're such an attention seeker, Harry." she states, and Harry rolls his eyes. "Anyway, thanks for breakfast. I gotta go meet mum at the mall. It's our girl's day."

With that, Gemma gives Harry a short hug before leaving out the large front door. Harry sighs.

He wished he could get along with his mother as much as Gemma. He wish he could get along with any of his family. Ever since he went to pursue a career in singing, everyone grew jealous and cold towards him instead of supportive and loving. Gemma too just a little, but she works hard to hide it.

After clearing his dishes from the table, Harry rushes up the massive staircase to his room. He searches through his closet and drawers for a nice outfit. After finding one, he gets dressed, brushes his teeth, brushes his hair, puts on cologne, and calls Liam.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'm off to S.A." Harry speaks, leaving his bedroom. "By the way, how did your meeting go yesterday?" Harry asks, now downstairs.

"It went fine." Liam says rather curtly. "Anyway, don't forget to call one of your bodyguards to-"

"Liam, I can stand on my own at Styles Academy." Harry says, trying to assure the man. "Louis' got my back."

"...Whatever you say, Harry." Liam speaks, and he hangs up.

Shaking off the awkward phone call he just had with his main boss, Harry grabs the keys to his Maserati.

Time for college.