Majors and Minors

After processing what Delaney had just told him, Harry finally knocks on Louis' dorm. Harry hears a bunch of shuffling going on before Louis shouts.

"Come in!" he says loudly, and Harry takes a deep breath before he opens the door dramatically to reveal himself.

Louis turns from cleaning up his dorm, and he stands there seemingly frozen. "Missed me?" Harry says smoothly, a smirk forming on his lips.

Harry opens his arms wide for a starry eyed Louis, whom runs and jumps into them. "Harry! I'm so happy you're here, welcome back!" Louis cries excitedly, hugging Harry tightly, his legs wrapped around a lanky torso.

The two hug eachother as if they're long lost lovers. Harry puts Louis down and grins at him. "It's great to be back, I'm home." Harry says, sincerity in his voice.

"So, were you able to get your dorm key and information from the office?" Louis asks, walking to his mini fridge and pulling out a Gatorade. He offers Harry one, and Harry takes it with a thanks.

"I actually was too focused on coming to see you." Harry informs truthfully, a faint blush on his face.

Louis has to keep yelling at himself not to fanboy like crazy again. Harry doesn't need to witness that again, at least not for a while. "...Really?" Louis asks softly, staring up at Harry, his Gatorade forgotten instantly.

Harry takes a long swig of his drink, making eye contact with Louis as he does so. Harry gives Louis a wink as a way of saying yes, and Louis honestly has no idea how he's even standing up straight right now. Harry finishes off the small bottle, throwing it in the nearest trashcan. He turns back to face Louis.

"Yeah, you were the first thought on my mind today." Harry smiles, stepping closer to Louis.

Neither of the two can say or do anything else in that moment because someone obnoxiously knocks on the door. "Ugh!" Louis shouts in annoyance, and Harry chuckles. "Come in, you moment ruiner!!"

The person opens the door, and Louis clears his throat at the sight of Headmaster Horan. "Mr. Horan," Louis croaks, stepping from Harry a little bit. "I'm sincerely sorry for that comment." Louis blushes, taking a breath and running a hand through his hair.

Niall disregards Louis and gives his undivided attention to Harry. "I figured you'd be with Louis." the headmaster laughed. "So I brought your dorm key. I'm going to need you to visit my office when you get the chance so you can choose what you'd like to major or minor in, the classes you'll take, and whether you're aiming for an associate's degree or bachelor's."

Harry stands there with a perplexed look on his face as if all the things Niall had just said were foreign. Niall looks at Harry expectantly, and Louis scrunches his eyebrows at Harry.

"Harry? Is there something wrong?" Niall asks, straightening up his expensive suit. Harry blinks a couple times and clears his throat.

"Uhm, bachelor's or associate's?" Harry questions, unfamiliar with what exactly that means. "Major and minor...? I'm sorry, but what's all that mean?" Harry asks, feeling small for once in his life.

Louis and Headmaster Horan share a look mixed with confusion and shock. "Harry, this is college. You're telling me you have no idea what Headmaster is talking about?" Louis questions, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

Harry stays quiet, putting his hands behind his back and lowering his head slightly. "I mean, I finished highschool but right after that my career launched off... Either I never knew about all those things, or after a while I just forgot...?"

"Harry," says Louis, his voice serious. "You mean to tell me that no one has ever fully gone over all the details of college with you not once in your life?"

Harry doesn't answer, and Niall clears his throat and adjusts his tie. "Well, you know what," he speaks up, getting Louis and Harry's attention. "Let's just set you up for a major in music theory, and a minor in media arts."

"You'll be attending S.A. for four years, and your classes will be geared towards your music production. As a music theory and composition major, you can learn the language of music through courses in aural theory, melody, counterpoint, complex harmony, modulation, chromatics, improvisation, progressions, musical writing, instrumentation, orchestration, electronic and computer applications, studies of specific musical styles, and development of original creative ability." Headmaster Horan speaks smoothly, writing down languidly on his clipboard.

"What the heck? I could've sworn he wasn't holding that earlier...?" Louis thinks to himself, his eyebrows furrowed. He lets out a small laugh, covering his mouth immediately when he catches the attention of Niall and Harry.

"I-I just remembered something funny, sorry." Louis lied, taking a seat down on his bed.

"The minor in Media Arts will help prepare you in the creation, production, dissemination and use of digital media content. You'll become more experienced with art, what works and what doesn't. This'll help you in designing your own album artwork and such," informs Niall.

Louis begins to clap slowly, making Harry jump slightly and Niall scowl just a bit. "Mr. Horan, you sure do know how to smooth over situations." Louis says softly, rubbing his hands down his tight skinny jeans.

Harry notices Niall staring too hard at Louis' antics, so he moves himself to block the view. "Thank you for this, Headmaster. Shall we continue conversation in your office later?"

Niall snaps back to focus. "Ah, yes, yes we shall." He holds out Harry's dorm key. "You'll be rooming with Louis."

Harry takes it with thanks, and smiles politely as Niall leaves the room flustered. Harry slowly turns around to face Louis.