Another one bites the dust

Something was wrong. Marco was too damn calm. He kept his eyes -or should I say eye?- on the road, his hands on the wheel and his mouth shut. I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. My hands were shaking, my knees were weak and my head was spinning. How had things gone from bad to worse on such a short amount of time? I'd been so close to being free and now I was just as close to being dead. The situation had gone so terribly out of hand. 

The car stopped in front of a building I'd never seen before and Marco took the keys out of the ignition, climbing out of the Suv and slamming the door shut. I glanced back at the building and realised it reminded me of those big european-style mannors you see on TV and that made me want to laugh. The first time I saw a huge european-style mannor was probably also going to be the last time I walked the Earth.

My breath caught in my throat the moment the door on my side suddenly opened and Marco's hand violently grabbed my upper arm, dragging me out of the SUV, up the few stairs that led to the huge front door and inside the mannor. It was odd how this place seemed to also remind me of Gabriel's house and my eyes teared up at the thought of my murderer. I was never going to see him again either.

The grip on my arm tightened as I got dragged through an impressive hallway and up the flight of stairs leading to the mansion's first floor, hardly avoiding tripping over the steps while trying to keep up the pace -not that I really had a choice. And then -just like that- we stopped in front of one of the doors lining the walls, my eyes closing for a brief moment, my chest expanding with my breath. That was it. This was our final destination -it had to be. This was the place that was going to witness my death.

 My eyes flew open, my heart almost jumping out of my chest the moment Marco banged his foot against the door, the impact almost sending the damn thing flying across the floor, a loud cracking noise making me cringe. Briefly nodding his head at the two men now standing right behind us -men who I could've sworn had appeared out of nowhere- , their boss took a deep, steeling breath as if getting ready for what was about to happen once we entered the room.  

A tug on my hand sent me flying into the chest of the man still holding me tightly, his steps taking us over the threshold and then I found myself standing in the middle of a dark room, my heart hammering against my ribcage. My throat closed in on me and I had to force myself to breathe the moment the soft rumble of a chuckle came from the darkness ahead of us, Marco's body immediately going rigid. What the fuck was going on?

My back got pressed against Marco's hard chest before I really got the chance to understand what was happening -but then again, maybe I was just a bit slower today since everything seemed to happen before I even got the chance to figure things out. The two man I'd seen before being dragged in here, were now standing on either side of us and what I already knew to be the barrel of a gun touched my lower back, instigating a low moan from me. 

Ed Sheeran's Make it rain started coming from what I guessed to be some integrated speakers, light immediately flooding the room. We were standing in the middle of what looked like a study, three corpses casually lying at our feet, their blood staining the ivory carpet and making me shudder. I still wasn't sure of what was going on, but I could only guess that the slaughter which had obviously taken place in here had not been planned. Not by my self entitled executioner anyway.

The huge brown leather office chair facing us slowly spun around, Gabriel calmly placing a small remote control onto the desk in front of him while sipping an amber liquid from the glass in his other hand. My heart literally stopped beating, my lungs exploding from the scream of joy I had to hold back. He was here. Everything was going to be fine.

I allowed my eyes to take him in for a moment, his huge frame and taut body unchanged. He was wearing a black suit -a Hugo Boss suit most likely- and a red shirt, his long fingers now playing with the black tie around his neck, my eyes finding the mundane action mesmerizing.