Mayhem

I strugled to peel my heavy lids open as the sound of a swift knock at my door registered through the sleepy fog clouding my judgement. Gabriel's arms were still tightly wrapped around my waist, one of his long legs pressing both of mine into the bed, his nose burried deeply into my hair. I tried to move as another short knock resonated through the room, my attempts useless. I was appearently going nowhere. 

The door slowly opened a moment later, Maria carefully stepping inside, her eyes cast down, her hands trying to balance the silver tray she was holding. 

"Good morning, cara." My hands went to push Gabriel off me before the poor woman looked up and witnessed the scene unfolding before her eyes, but if anything, his grip tightened, one of his hands travelling up my tummy and finding my breast. For fuck's sake! "I hope you like toast and eggs, because that's what's in the menu for today." Using her left hip to slam the door shut, the woman smiled brightly, her eyes briefly finding mine before glancing down at Gabe, her mouth opening on a sharp intake of air. "Oh my..." The furious blush that had taken over Maria's cheeks made me squeeze my eyes shut for a moment before even attempting to explain myself to her. 

"This is not what you may think." My voice was weak and shaky due to the immense feeling of shame I experienced myself. How the fuck was I supposed to make her believe me? She had eyes and I knew too damn well what those eyes of hers were seeing. Not to mention that Gabriel's hand possessively holding my breast wasn't exactly helping my cause. I knew what she was making of it and I couldn't even blame her. Like I said, she had bloody eyes.  

"I, um... I'm really sorry, dear. I shouldn't have barged in like that." The old Italian woman mumbled, a knowing smirk pulling at the corners of her mouth. "I'm just gonna leave this here and be on my way now." Quietly walking to the small coffee table sat in between two elegant, leather armchairs, Maria carefully placed the tray down, her hands fumbling with something for a bit before the woman finally declared herself pleased with whatever it was that she'd been doing and stepped away from the table. "Now, please make sure you eat something. You're so thin, dear girl." Her eyes pleaded with me for a moment before she finally averted her gaze, my throat closing in, my stomach heaving. I couldn't even think of food without feeling the need to throw up.

"I'm not hungry, Maria." Her back straightened slightly, her steps faltering a little. 

"Don't say that, darling. Just give it time. Maybe you'll get hungy later." Shaking my head, I forced my lips to form a smile. 

"I wished that was true, but unfortunatelly, I know it isn't. I'm not gonna get hungry." Allowing a deep, heavy sigh to escape her, the woman slowly turned on her heels and started for the coffee table once more to collect the unwanted tray. 

"Leave it Maria. I'm sure Julia will change her mind." Gabriel tiredly exhaled, his voice all raspy and gruff. The fucking bastard was awake. He had been awake the whole time. Giving my breast a final squeeze, he then removed his hands from me, putting them under his head and watching the old Italian woman expectantly. 

Still averting her gaze from the bed -from us- Maria gave her boss a short nod of her head and started for the door, leaving me gaping at the man seated next to me. The fucking bastard was trying to take control over my life completely and I couldn't let him do that. Standing up from the bed and trying to ignore the raging erection Gabriel was sporting, I started towards the bathroom. I needed to fucking clear my head. 

Turning on the faucets, I allowed myself to step under the scalding spray of water, my hands making quick work of shampooing and rinsing my hair. Now came the part I'd grown to hate. Reaching for the bottle of body wash, I tried not to think of the state my body was currently in. So instead of that, I squirted a small amount of purple liquid into my hand, giving my brain a break and closing my eyes while I mechanically rubbed the bubbles into my skin.