Never go gentle

"Where do you aim for a quick death?" Holding my breath, the way he'd taught me, I aimed at the dummy's head, the bullet leaving the barrel of my gun and going straight through my target. A proud smile pulled at my lips as I loaded the Colt again. 

"The head." I whispered, a couple short pants leaving my lungs in quick succession. Who would've thought that firing a gun would give you such a rush? "Or the heart." My voice was barely audible the moment my finger pulled the trigger again, my stomach doing a back flip as I watched my second bullet hit its target. 

"Good." One of his strong arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me back into him, his lips touching my neck, his huge smile filling me with pride. Three weeks had passed since the first time my murderer had put a gun into my hands, my evolution undeniable. "Now, what about a slow one -a painful one?" My back arched slightly, my bums meeting his rock hard arousal before I breathed in deeply, trying to gather my thoughts.

"I go for the lungs." The third bullet left a smoking hole just bellow the place where the dummy's left lung would've been. A cocky smile pulled at my lips as I turned into my murderer's embrace. 

"Say he tries to make a run for it. What then?" His voice was low and husky, his scent intoxicating my senses. We were too damn close to turn the training session into another fucking session -since that appeared to happen a lot lately- and perhaps that was why my next bullet dug into the ground between his feet. My murderer didn't even flinch. "So you're a quick learner. I think I'll make you my next hitman, dea." I couldn't help but smile at that. I might not have been a judge any longer, but something told me that I wasn't going to take him up on that offer either. Shooting a dummy was one thing. Shooting a living person... Well, that wasn't going to happen, unless absolutely necessary. 

"Do you still need me?" Trying to pull away from him, I found myself even more entangled in his arms. 

"As it happens, I always need you." His hips performed that damned rotation of theirs, his erection swiftly grinding against my lower stomach. "Now, how's the party planning going?" A pained grimace took over my lips at the thought of the party that was supposed to take place in no more than twelve hours. 

"I think we finally agreed on how the cake will look like, even though I have absolutely no idea what it will taste like. Angie said she'll take care of that though, and she's done a great job so far with the band, the caterers and the decorations. I wouldn't worry about it. Your mother will love it." The gentle smile pulling at his lips made my heart melt a little more, but then, that happened each time he flashed those perfect teeth at me, really. 

"I love you!" A huge grin split my face in two. No matter how often he said it to me -which happened to be very often- those words still had a way of touching my very soul. 

"I..." My breath hitched, words failing me the moment his phone started ringing in his pants pocket, the vibration also travelling up my thigh. Taking a reluctant step backward, my murderer muttered a silent curse before finally answering the call. 

"I'll be right there." Hanging up his phone, Gabriel gave it one last tired look before his hazels met my blues, tension forming in the pit of my stomach. Something was wrong. "That was Mathew." His words travelled in the air between us, my mind trying to come up with a reason for Mathew's call. "My men have been monitoring Marco 's movements for the last couple of weeks. He has been spotted in the city earlier today. My father's men might have a hint as to where he's staying." My heart picked up speed, my breathing accelerating ever so slightly. I almost missed the time when Gabriel was hiding these sort of information from me.

"So what now?" My voice was clipped and shaky, something deep inside me praying for him not to tell me what the plan was. I was appearently one of those persons who didn't really want to hear the truth, even if they requested it.