Wake up!

Something had happened. That was the only thing I knew for sure as my mind started to slowly rid itself of the dizziness clouding it. Now, the question was what did 'something' mean? Making a quick assesment of my current condition, I realised that my eyes hurt from all the light spilling into the room and coming to think of it, so did my wrist. Wait! My wrist hurt. Why the hell did my wrist hurt?

Suddenly realising I was lying into a bed, I hurriedly stood up, trying to understand what I was looking at while also fighting the need to throw up. I had no fucking idea where I was. In fact, I'd never seen the room I was currently finding myself in before in my life. Panic was quickly taking over me and I had to take a few deep breaths before finally being capable of using my logic again. 

Since continuously telling myself that I was in no danger didn't seem to help -and could you honestly blame me after everything that had happened with Marco?- I decided it was the time for a more thorough inspection of my surroundings. One of the small circular windows on the right caught my attention a moment later, giving me a clue as to where I might have been and making the rest of the inspection unnecessary. But that wasn't possible, was it? First of all, there were no bedrooms in an airplane and then, even if there were, what the fuck was I doing on an airplane?

The small door that I'd failed to notice up until now slowly opened, Gabriel's head poking inside and that's when it all came back to me. The Courthouse, judge Ross, my resignation, Brandon, the shooting, Mathew getting me out of there, me driving to the mansion, Gabriel taking me to the Penthouse, him serving me a drink, Maria fixing us tea, Mathew sitting next to me on the couch, Gabriel saying we had to leave California and then him spiking my fucking drink. Great! So now I had an answer to all my questions. Maybe except for one though... I still didn't know why my fucking wrist hurt. Looking down at my right hand, I noticed a large, white patch covering a good amount of my skin. A lump got stuck in my throat, my eyes snapping up to Gabriel's. 

"Morning, sunshine." The fucking bastard had the nerve to smile, pretending he didn't even notice my shocked expression, every bone and muscle in my body preparing itself to launch at him. I felt the crazy need to poke his fucking eyes out. "Feeling good?" The bastard stepped into the room, closing the door behind him and headed for the armchair seated by the small window I'd noticed earlier. "Experiencing any nausea, dizziness... anger?" He asked while lowering himself into the chair, my temper escalating. So now he was playing fucking shrink?

"Where are we going?" I asked, a small, crazy part of me hoping for him to say anything else but what I knew he would eventually say.

"Italy, judge. We're going to Italy." He looked victorious and pleased with himself, the smile he was sporting perfect proof of that. He'd gotten exactly what he wanted and I must admit that I wasn't particularly happy with the bitter taste of the defeat. I wasn't supposed to be on a fucking plane to Italy. Actually, I wasn't supposed to be anywhere near Gabriel. He had brought me enough trouble as it was. Allowing a deep sigh to go past my lips, I let myself fall back onto the bed and hissed the moment my hand suffered a small collision with my thigh. I'd completely forgotten about the patch covering my wrist. 

Carefully removing the white dressing, I uncovered a perfectly healthy piece of skin. But then, I guess I would've rathered I found a bloody wound than what I actually did find. My mouth dropped open, my eyes widening even further if possible. Did I mention the fact that Gabriel Shaffer was a fucking bastard?

"Do you like it?" My eyes flew to his face, finding the fucker wiggling his brow at me a little. And that was it. Without really being aware of my actions I stood up, steady steps taking me to the chair where my murderer was seated. Then, before I even got the chance to understand what was happening my newly tattooed member collided with Gabriel's face. "Should I take that as a 'no'?" He asked, his hand going to rub at his cheek. My mouth opened, a sarcastic laugh slipping past my lips.