Chapter 30: Turn Down For What

This is some Rated PG shit.

"It's like he went Hunger Games on me."

I made a face. The fuck?

"I was seriously so close to handing him a flashlight but he was too busy exploring the depths of my insides. It's not like he's on his way to the center of the earth or something."

I can't fucking take this anymore.

"Connie," I groaned, hanging my head and silently begging her to stop.

We were at my house, hanging out by the pool where the heart of the big ass party was at. Music blasted off from the speakers, people danced in their swimsuits, and booze flowed nonstop. It was turning out to be the party of the fucking year.

But then Connie just had to share her sexcapades.

"What?" she asked indignantly.

I sighed and rubbed my temple. "I know it's your birthday, but seriously?" I gestured to the side of my head, and added, "My ears are fucking bleeding."

She scoffed. "Y'all can kiss and tell but I can't?"

"Don't you have girlfriends now to tell that shit to?"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. They're too innocent for this stuff. Besides, don't give me that crap. Compared to you, my experiences are as tame as high school friggin' musical."

I looked away, putting the cup of beer to my lips. Keeping my eyes on the pool, I tried to play it cool as I murmured, "We haven't done it yet."

I could practically feel Connie's eyes boring a hole on my face.

"No way," she whispered in disbelief.

I only shrugged.

"Why not?" she demanded.

"She's not ready yet."

"And you're willing to wait? You?"

I turned to face her. She had a skeptical eyebrow raised.

"Yeah," I said simply.

She stared. "Wow."

I smiled crookedly. "Doesn't mean we're not goofing around."

I'm no saint, after all.

Connie made a disgusted sound.

"Pig," she muttered.

"Said the girl who got his boyfriend to go all Dora the Explorer on her," I smirked.

She looked up the night sky, took a deep breath, and released it.

"Why did I even think telling you that was a good idea?"

I chuckled. "Beats me."

My eyes wandered around, looking for a black-haired dork in the crowd. But I was sure she was inside with her friends, probably down in the basement to get some peace and quiet. That was the only place off limits to everyone but a select few.

Technically, I didn't lie to Connie. I didn't wanna go all the way with Halo because she – and her body – was nowhere near ready. I'd rather prime her first, you know? So that when the time comes, it wouldn't be that painful for her.

Not promising that she wouldn't be sore, though. Then again, she had a pretty damn good stamina. We might last all night.

Huh.