Chapter 40: Con Las Ganas

Come on.

Come to the window, Halo.

I was right outside her bedroom window, on the roof. There was a faint light coming from there so I figured she was still awake. It was a bit chilly out tonight. I stilled when the curtain moved, and I caught Halo peeked through it.

She was wearing a huge sweater with her PJs, her hair pulled up in a bun. She hugged herself as she looked at me through the window.

I tilted my head.

"Hey."

She shook her head, as though coming to her senses. With a blank face, she reached out a hand and opened the window to let me in.

I climbed inside, quickly scanning the room and seeing that the only light came from the moon lamp. I turned around and watched her take her time with closing the window. She had been pretty distant these past few days. Not that I could blame her.

Ruffling my hair, I reluctantly walked to the bed and sat on the edge.

"You sleepy?" I asked.

With her head down, she nodded.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I stood up, suddenly feeling lost. "I should go then."

She didn't step back from the window, blocking me from leaving. She looked up at me, her eyes darting to the bed then back to mine – before avoiding them altogether.

"You should stay."

My jaw clenched. "Do you mean that?"

She bit her lip, before whispering, "I want you so stay, at least until I fall asleep."

"Okay."

I took off my shoes and positioned myself on the bed. She followed and settled herself in my arms, surprising me a little. We've been cuddling like this for the past several nights but even though she let me touch her, she didn't say much – didn't say anything at all.

It had been a few days since the incident. Being that it occurred in the city, there were no shitty rumors to get rid of in school. The only thing the people were concerned about was why I ditched the Friday night game midway. I said that I had a bad stomach ache. Not sure if they believed it. But then again, I couldn't give less fucks.

I reached out a hand and caressed Halo's. It slowly traveled to her wrist, pushing back the sleeve of her sweater so I could see the marks that were now an ugly purple. My fingers lightly touched it, causing for her to flinch.

I frowned, my nostrils flaring and my jaw clenching. I wanted to punch the fuck out of something. I wanted to barge into whatever kind of prison the bastard was in right now and make him regret what he did to my girl.

But Clyde refused to say what hell he sent Finn fucking McKinley to. He just assured me that the cocksucker wouldn't be able to come back in our lives. That did jack shit to my satisfaction. I wanted him to suffer. I wanted him to feel like the piece of shit he truly was.

"You want me to pay someone to kill him?" my brother had asked me. He was serious about it, too. I was so close to taking up his offer but I realized it would be too easy.

"No, death would be too kind."

"Then, what do you want me to do?"

I had to think hard about it. I wanted the motherfucker to experience the worst pain possible. Something that wouldn't lead to his death, but something he'd experience over and over until he wished he was fucking dead.