Chapter 43: 23

TIP: Listen to the song while reading this chapter!

_____________

"We have asses to kick and pussies to lick!"

Connie shot Alfie a look.

"Pussy," he grinned, pulling her closer to him by the waist. "Singular."

She rolled her eyes before looking at me. "Pummel 'em. Own the State Champs."

"Hell yeah!" I laughed, my eyes absentmindedly roaming around the parking lot outside the stadium and looking for a blue Mustang.

Today was a fucking big day for Mount Valley High, the State Championships. It would serve as our comeback after our absence from the line-up last season.

It was time to steal back our title.

Naturally, everyone from school showed up – except for one person.

"College scouts are crawling all over the place," mentioned Kurt.

The crew were standing right outside the stadium, trying to get some air before we stepped in and prepped up for the game.

"Which one are you gonna pick?" Frisco asked him.

Kurt shrugged. "Not sure, probably Notre Dame."

Alfie nodded to me. "Oz is gonna go for Florida."

I turned back my attention to them.

"Yeah, I'm leaning more towards the Gators."

My best friend grinned at me, and said, "I'll see you out on the field 'cause I'll be taking Florida's offer, too."

I smirked. "Clingy much?"

"You know you can't live without me."

I laughed at that.

"Oho!" Kurt put his fingers between his nose and mouth. "That's how it is, huh? It's on, motherfuckers!" He grabbed Alfie by the neck and gave him a noogie.

"What the fuck, man? Did you even shower? Your armpit stinks!"

We burst out laughing.

I watched as Alfie struggled to be free from the big guy. Kurt just laughed his ass off, clearly enjoying his victim's suffering. With a snicker, Connie stepped beside Frisco but her eyes remained on her boyfriend.

Damn, a shudder just ran through me. I still haven't gotten used to them being together. It must be because I've never seen Alfie as a 'boyfriend' before. Weird as shit.

"I'm gonna miss you crazy mofos," sighed Frisco, with a sad smile.

"Don't worry, Frisco," said Connie, putting an arm around his neck. "I'll still be around. No fancy university for me," she added, winking at him playfully.

Frisco smiled at her, no hint of malice in his eyes. It was like he never had any feelings for her. Either he was able to move on that fast or the geek was fucking good at masking his emotions.

"Why not?" he asked Connie.

"Fancy schmancy," she snorted.

"Which college, then?"

"I was planning to go to a community college for a couple of years. But that was before my brother decided to go pro and started earning a shit ton of money. So now I'm thinking of going to Rutgers. Near, and low-key."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Right, Rutgers is low-key."

Placing a hand on her hip, she countered, "As compared to University of Florida and Notre Dame and just about any other Ivy Leagues out there? Um, yeah it is."