Chapter 31: No Diggity

Shit just got real.

The three of us stared at each other for so long that I heard the music change twice in the background. Nobody spoke. No one knew what to say.

Connie ran a hand through her hair after pulling down her black tank top to cover up herself. Her eyes switched from me to Alfie, while he stood there scratching the back of his head and not even bothering to pick up his shirt from the floor.

In our circle of friends, us three knew each other the oldest. Our bond was tighter than the rest. That was why Connie couldn't resist it whenever me or Alfie asked her to cook for us or to make us a sandwich. She never gave us shit for it.

I was sure a lotta people would think this was incest. I would've been one of them, if it wasn't for the fact that I've seen Alfie get weirdly protective of Connie sometimes.

"What's that on your face?" asked my best friend.

That broke my trance. His face was scrunched up as he tried to figure out what was on my cheek. I caught sight of a tissue roll on a shelf only an arm away. I quickly grabbed one and wiped the chocolate off my face.

Then, I returned my eyes on them.

"Well, this isn't something you see everyday," I finally said.

I knew I should've come up with something wittier. But whatever, man. I just saw my two closest friends suck each other's faces like there was no tomorrow. I was a bit shaken up, cut me some slack.

"This isn't what it looks like!" panicked Connie, stepping forward.

"Pretty sure it is what it looks like, babe," shrugged Alfie.

She shot him a glare. "Don't you 'babe' me like one of your bimbos, Alfie," she spat.

"How d'you know it's you?" my best friend snorted. "Maybe I'm talking to Oz." He sent me a look that said to go along with it.

"Yep, I'm your bimbo," I said tonelessly.

Alfie chuckled. "That's what she said." He paused, realizing what he said. Then, a slow grin made its way to his lips. He looked pretty pleased with himself.

"Put a damn shirt on," hissed Connie.

"I thought you wanted them off," he smirked, taking a step closer to her.

I raised my hands up. "Hey, quit flirting. I'm scarred enough." I turned to Connie. "You do know that's not your boyfriend, right?" I asked her. "What happened to Parker?"

She looked away and avoided my eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Motherfucker cheated on her," growled Alfie, grabbing his shirt from the floor. When he stood back up, his expression was dark.

I froze. I could practically feel every vein in my body popping in rage.

"Say that again," I told him, my voice dangerously low.

Alfie chinned up, his eyes looked dead.

"She caught him sucking faces with a bang bunny earlier."

My hands turned to fists.

"Where the fuck is he?"

Connie sighed, rolling her eyes. "He's not worth it."

"Kurt's already taking care of him," stated Alfie.

Her head whipped to him in shock. "I told you not to do anything."