Chapter 1 Not So Great New Year

You wake up really early. The bright yellow sun not even up yet, but you can't fall asleep cause you are so used to your recording schedule. You start to rethink staying up till 1am partying at the house with the boys but then you remember how much fun you had, "Plus, it was new year's eve." You think to yourself.
Realizing you were not falling asleep anytime soon, you grab your phone off your small wood desk next to your bed and decide to make some fans happy and leave them some "happy new year" messages. When you turn on your lock screen you see you have a voicemail. "Who would call me this late?" You wonder to yourself. When you open up your voicemail box you see it was your mom who called you at 11pm. You figured she got tired and went to bed early, but called you before to wish you a happy new year, but when you listen to it, this is what you hear:
" y/n ummm...I need you to call me back as soon as you hear this."

Then it ended. You got nerves in your gut cause you knew something bad had to of happened, because she sounded nervous and sad. Even though it was extremely early, you listen to the voicemail and call her back. After the first ring she picks up.

"Hey mom what's up?"
"Ummm...honey...your father's dead." she stutters through her words.
"Wait what?!!? How?!" There is sudden alarm and panicked in your voice. As you try your best to hold back your tears your mom continues.
"Sweetie, he committed suicide."
"Why?"
"Honey I don't know but he left two letters. In one he said that the second letter was just for you and that after reading it, you would understand everything. He also said that with whatever you read in that letter is yours and you can decide what to do with it."
"Ummm...yeah okay."
"I sent it a few hours ago. They said it should be there by tomorrow morning."
"Okay."
"Okay sweetie, I have to go. Your sister is up again."
"Okay."
"I love you."
"Umm...yeah love you too."

You become speechless and begin to ball as childhood memories flood back to you.

"Daddy?" You bagan, "what is this?" You asked holding up a white fuzzy plant.
"Oh this," he began as he grabs the fuzzy plant from you, "this is a magical plant called The Wishing Flower."
"But why daddy?"
"This is why," he squats down and holds you in his arms with The Wishing Flower in front of the both of you. "You make a wish and blow away all the fuzzy stuff. Then your wish will come true. But there's no specific time it will come true. It just happens. Go ahead, try y/n." You thought for a moment and then moved in closely and blew really hard. "What did you wish for?"
"That I'd never loose you cause you're the best daddy in the world!" You exclaimed as you jump a little and wrap your arms around his neck to hug him.
"You won't ever loose me y/n."
"Promise?"
"Even better, I pinkie promise."
"Oh boy you really mean it!" You say with a big smile on your face as the two of you begin to laugh.

As the memory fades you hear a knock at your door and quickly wipe away all the tears off your face. "Come in!"
Louis swings the door open and begins with a big smile, " Hey y/n do you..." His smile fades. "Have you been crying?"
"Hu? Oh no I'm just tired."
"Okay let me rephrase that, why have you been crying?"
Louis turns around to shut the door then sits beside you on the bed. "Please tell me what's wrong. I wanna help you."
"Well then come back when you can bring my father back alive."
"Oh y/n I'm sorry."
"Its okay but I really don't wanna talk about it."
"Okay well if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here."
"Thanks Lou."
"No problem." he responds as he pulls you closer and gives you a hug.