Chapter 10 The After Effects

I woke up really early due to a crazy painful headache. The doctor said that it would probably happen. I cringed as I felt a stinging pain surge through my head. I looked up at Lou's face to see him seeming worried.

"Hey baby what's wrong?"
"I have such a bad migraine."
"Oh hold on. I'll go get you some Tylenol." He said as he began to uncover his shirtless chest from under the blankets. I just smiled at how fast he jumped out of bed to help me. I don't know how I got so lucky to have him. He was just so perfect. Caring, sweet, kind, selfless.
"Here you go babe." He said returning to me with two pills and a glass of water.
"Thanks." I said giving him a kiss.
"No problem babe." I threw the pills into my mouth and took a gulp of water.
"Since I'm up I'll go pick up some breakfast for you and I. The guys went out this morning and I thought you would need to sleep so I told them to just go. I hope that's okay."
"Yeah that's perfectly fine but you could've gone with them."
"But I wanted to stay here to eee you wake up." He said smiling.

God how he made me melt with his smile. Every time I saw it. I just felt butterflies bounce around in my stomach.

"Well okay. I'll be here when you get back then." I said with a smile.
"Okay." He said after kissing me after he slipped on his Toms.
***
I laid down in bed in silence. My head hurt too much for me to watch TV or listen to music. A few minutes later I heard the door open to the room and saw Lou walk in with McDonald's.
"Here you go babe." He said handing me a bag with a breakfast sandwich and 4 hash browns just like I always get.
"Thanks babe." I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"You're welcome." He said giving me a giant smile causing me to smile even bigger.
***
Lou and I were still laying in the bed but we only talked because my head hurt too bad to watch TV or listen to music.
"Come in!" Lou sorta yelled to the knock at our door.
"Hey nice to see you're up y/n." Harry said smiling after he opened the door.
"Yeah I guess but my head hurts like hell."
"Yeah that tends to happen most of the time after people go unconscious."
"So what's up?" I asked.
"Oh the guys and I just wanted to know if you were up."
"Well I am!" I sad smiling.
"Great!" He said smiling with a chuckle. "Hey you guys wanna come play Mario Cart?"
"Uhh no I can't. My head hurts too bad so I think I'll just stay here." I answered.
"Yeah I'll stay here with y/n."
"Oh no its fine Lou. You should go with them. I should get some sleep." I explained.
"That's okay. I'll just lay here with you."
"Lou, really. I'll be fine. Go have some fun." I said smiling.
"Mmm okay." He agreed giving me a kiss before he walked out of the room with Harry.
Lou's P.O.V
I really didn't want to leave y/n. I was scared that if she did fall asleep that she wouldn't wake up. I mean I was like 95% sure she would but the time I had to go through when she was unconscious was so terrible. It hurt so much and I just was almost done with it. I just wanted to end it all. I don't wanna go through that again. It was the worst pain I had ever felt before.
***
It was 3pm and I was out in the living room with the guys letting y/n get some sleep. We were all watching Friends. It was really funny.
"Hey guys." I heard a soft voice say. I turned my attention from the TV and see y/n walking towards me.
"Hey baby." I said as she sits on my lap and curls up. Her head resting in my chest.
"Hey y/n its good to see that you're okay." Liam said.
"Yeah it is." The rest of the guys agreed.
"How's your headache?" I asked.
"Its better. It doesn't really hurt anymore. I mean, it still hurts but no where near what it was before." She answered.
"That's great babe." I said and kissed her forehead.
***
"Hey y/n what do you want for dinner?" Harry asked y/n. "I'm gonna make something and since you're back you can choose." He explained.
"Uhh you know what? Your orange chicken sounds good."
"Okay. I'll get right to it ms." Harry had explained and then bowed to y/n as if he was a butler. It made y/n's cute little laugh escape her lips. God I had missed that laugh so much. It's so adorable.
I chuckled a bit and y/n looked up at me and I just began to admire her. Her beautiful blue green eyes that the TV light glistened off of. Her cute little nose. How her eyes were crinkled a bit from the cute smile on her face. I just smiled at her and stared as I continued to admire her.
"What?" She asked me.
"Nothing. I'm just really glad that you're here." I answered in a hushed voice.
"I am too." She smiled and then I leaned my hear down a bit and kissed her. When I pulled away I saw her smile had widened.
"God I live your smile."
"I love yours too. Its so big and contagious. The most amazing smile I have ever seen." She said. I smiled really big and then saw her smile become even bigger. "See what I mean? I can't not smile when I see your smile." I did nothing but kiss her then rested my head on the top of hers and pulled her real firm against my torso. It felt nice being able to hold her so close to me. Something that I had missed so much while she was out cold.

There was so much I had missed while she was in the hospital. Her smile her laugh. The feeling of her in my arms. The way she would playfully hit me when I made a kinky joke. The way it felt to be held by her. There were just so many things that she possessed that I can't live with out. I could go on and on about every little thing I love about her but it could be years before I finished. I love her.