Chapter thirteen - Zack.

The music hit my ears instantly and I was dreading this night all week. But it would also hurt my reputation if I didn't show up. Gray parked the car a few houses from Molly's house and can I say that I already made up my mind that I was going to avoid her, or try to.

People were gathering and either acting drunk or they already were drunk. It was nine o'clock and the party had probably gone on for about two and a half hours. After what happened with Penelope today, I had learned my lesson. Don't bring up her past and don't give her a lecture about letting people in.

Strike one. Or maybe strike fifty.

I would have invited her, but I was assuming Molly already did that. She thought she could just befriend Penelope? She was only doing that because I was pinning after her like crazy.

Why was I so stupid?

Gray shut off his car and got out. He chucked me the keys with a smile. "You're the designated driver tonight."

I wanted to flip him off but decided not to, he probably needed a night to just be free. Gray was right, you really do sound like a girl.

I got out of the car as Gray stood in the street to wait for me, I locked his car and walked with him to Molly's huge mansion. Inside, people were gathered talking and dancing, acting like it was the party of the century and we all knew that Molly Drake was back in town.

I hadn't been in her house in a while but it hadn't changed. Her parents rented it out when they went out of the city and now they were back. The spiral staircase was crowded with people going up until the top. The same chandelier hung in the middle of the ceiling where people were mingling.

In an instant of being here, Gray spotted the table filled with many alcoholic beverages with Molly in the kitchen flirting with a guy.

Will.

"He's probably drunk, he doesn't know what he's doing." I reassured Gray who was standing by me a second ago so I guessed I was talking to myself.

He surprisingly ignored them and grabbed the first drink he saw, Molly stopped and stared at him but Gray didn't even notice. She looked around the room and spotted me as Will was trailing kisses down her neck.

Molly pushed him away and headed towards me, just as I thought I was going to avoid her the entire night.

Well, this was her house.

Her blonde hair was curled to the tip and she wore a slim golden sparkly dress that caught every guys attention as she walked by.

"Zack, you made it!" She brushed her fingertips against the skin on my arm, making me pull away in disgust.

"I didn't come here for you, I came here for a good time." I spat, making her face stay the same.

I wanted to ask her so badly if Penelope was coming tonight, but I fought the urge to even mention her as Molly would get what she wanted. "You know where I'll be," she said with a small smile and just as I thought she was leaving she looked back up at me, "Oh, Penelope might be coming tonight. Just thought you should know that." She winked and walked away smoothly back into the kitchen.

I cringed as she mentioned Penelope like she was some sheep that followed Molly around like the rest of her flock. Penelope was not like that, I reminded myself. She was her own person. And I liked that in a girl.