Sneaking and Spying

"He's up to something." Pippin said from the bush he was hiding in.

"Of course he is!" Esmerelda popped a handful of gummy bears into her mouth. "Just look at him!"

"Uh... Why are you two hiding in a bush?" Sam asked.

"Yeah guys. What are you doing?" Frodo added.

"We're spying on Merry." Pippin explained.

"Why?" Primrose asked. "He knows we're over here."

"No. He knows you're over here but he has yet to know that we are here." Esmerelda said.

Sam shook his head. "Honestly you two. Why are you spying on Merry anyway?"

"You guys shouldn't spy on other hobbits. Especially your guy's cousin!" Primrose said. "What do you think Bilbo would say?"

"He'd say be quiet because you're going to blow our cover."

The hobbits outside of the bush finally noticed Bilbo hiding in the bush with Pippin and Esmerelda.

Primrose shook her head. "Really Bilbo?"

The hobbit shrugged.

"Well, what have you guys found out?" Frodo asked.

"Nothing." Pippin said. "We can't hear anything from here. Also, we can't really see anything."

"So basically you're just sitting in a bush eating gummy bears?" Sam crossed his arms.

"No. I'm eating gummy bears. They're just sitting in a bush." Esmerelda took in another handful of gummy bears.

"Alright. Out!" Primrose ordered.

"Thank goodness! I have leaves and twigs everywhere!" Bilbo said as he rose out of the bush and had leaves and twigs tangled in his hair.

Pippin and Esmerelda followed. Pippin was in the same state as Bilbo but Esmerelda was perfectly normal.

"How-" Pippin started.

Esmerelda held up her hand.

"Don't question greatness. It is beyond our comprehension. Savvy?"

"Why do you keep saying that?" Frodo asked.

"What?"

"Savvy."

"Like I told Pippers. Don't question greatness love."

Sam coughed loudly.

"Love?"

Esmerelda rolled her eyes and finished off her gummy bears.

"Hey look! Merry's coming!" Bilbo announced.

Merry walked up the path towards them and smiled.

"Hey Primrose. Hey Frodo, Sam."

He paused when he noticed Bilbo, Pippin, and Esmerelda.

"Why are you three standing in a bush?"

"Greatness love."

Merry gave a look of complete and utter confusion at Esmerelda who jad moved onto to a pack of gummy worms.

"Ok... Well, see you guys later."

Once Merry was out of earshot Pippin announced, "He's up to something."

"Merry is not up to anything!" Primrose insisted.

"There's only one way to solve this mates." Esmerelda announced.

Everyone looked at her awkwardly.

"We follow him and see what he's doing, if he's doing nothing of importance we let the whole situation go and never speak of it again. If he's not doing nothing and is up to something than we find out what the something that he is doing is."

Esmerelda glanced at the others.

"Savvy?"

Bilbo smiled.

"Let's do it!"

He jumped out of the bush and was followed by Pippin and Esmerelda.

Soon the seven hobbits were quietly following Merry.

------------------------------------------------------

"He's packing." Pippin anounced.

"Why is he packing?" Frodo asked.

"Let's ask him." Bilbo suggested as he knocked on the door to Merry's house.

"Don't!" the other hobbits shouted but it was too late.

They scattered while Bilbo was left standing at the door.

Merry answered it nervously.

"Oh! Hey Bilbo! What brings you here?"

"Just wanted to see how you were doing. Need any help with anything? Chores, yard work, cleaning, maybe putting certain items into a certain storage unit?"

Merry's face turned red as he replied, "NopeIdon'tneedanyhelpI'mgoodinfactI'mgreatsoyeahyoucangosobyenow!"

Merry slammed the door shut in Bilbo's face.

"Well that was rude." the hobbit sniffed.

"He is definitely up to something."
Pippin confirmed to everyone who still doubted.

"Ok, so now what do we do?"
Primrose asked.

"It's pretty obvious darling." Esmerelda said. "We follow him to wherever it is he is going."

Frodo nodded.

"I agree."

"Me too!" Sam added.

"Another adventure! I can't wait!" Bilbo exclaimed.

"An adventure does sound fun." Primrose said with a smile.

"Has anyone noticed that cloud up there? It looks just like a kitten." Pippin said as he stared up at the sky.

"Alright mates! We leave at nightfall!" Esmerelda walked off in the most obsurd fashion.

"What on Middle Earth has gotten into her?" Primrose asked.

"Really guys. It looks just like Farmer Maggot's cat." Pippin was still staring at the sky.

Frodo shook his head and sighed.

Oh boy...

------------------------------------------------------
Thank you all for the AwesomeSauceTastic ideas! Once I finish the whole Legolas and Merry stuff I will begin using those ideas!