First Hunt

Standing in the gun range, your feet shoulder with apart, you were currently bracing a small handgun. Slowly pulling the trigger back, wincing at the small recoil, you smiled in amazement as the bullet buried itself in the chest of the target. 

"Well done." Dean applauded you while leaning against the wall, his shoulders bulging against the grey and blue flannel he was currently wearing. His jean covered bow legs were crossed at the ankles, lazy but confident at the same time.

"Thanks," you answered, blushing. After all these years of being a Demon, you would have thought blushing would have been eviled out of you, but it hadn't yet. 

Uncrossing his legs, Dean stood up straight, striding over to you, giving off an aura of masculinity that had your knees buckling. Watching as he reached forward, his hand coming closer, you wondered what he was up to. Hoping that he would touch you, pulling you in for a kiss. When his hand never touched you, you glanced down to see he had taken the gun from your hand, placing it down on the table next to you. 

"You're a natural Y/N. Better shot than Sam," Dean told you, a sly grin on his face.

"Hey I heard that!" Sam complained as he came down the stairs. In one hand he clutched a paper, a steaming cup of coffee in the other. 

"So." Dean retorted, still standing uncomfortably close to you. It wasn't that you minded, you didn't at all. But you weren't able to concentrate on anything other than the way his cheeks were lightly covered with freckles, or the way his green eyes shined brightly, or the way his broad shoulders filled out his shirts. You knew you needed to work on controlling your emotions, otherwise, you could mess up the next hunt. If they decided you were ready to hunt that is. 

Ignoring Dean's sass, Sam continued on. "I think I found us a case. Nothing too major, I think it's just a salt and burn. But at least it's something."

Dean glanced between you and Sam, a smile slowly growing on his face. "Sounds like the perfect hunt to get Y/N's feet wet."

It took you a moment to realize what Dean had said. But when it clicked in your mind, you began jumping up and down, squealing. "Really Dean? You mean it?"

Dean was already busy cleaning up the shooting range, and Sam had left to get ready for the hunt. Looking over his shoulder, he shrugged. "Why not? You've been a fast learner and you're good with guns. A hunt like this is perfect to start with. Now head up and pack a bag, we leave soon."

Rushing up the stairs, you headed straight for your room. Opening the door, you stood for a moment, gazing in wonder at the place you called yours. It was nothing like the small house you owned, but it was yours, and Sam and Dean had given it to you. It was still fairly bare, the walls a plain brick, with no pictures to give them character. But you had talked Dean into buying you a colorful quilt at the thrift store, and it brightened the room considerably.

Opening your closet you pulled out the bag Dean had given you, throwing in a couple changes of clothes, along with your newest book in case you got bored.

Rushing down the hallway, you made it to the garage door the same time as Sam. He smiled warmly at you, his first true show of affection he sent your way. It seemed like he was gradually warming to you, maybe even considering you part of the family. 

Dean was already in the garage, with the trunk of his car open. Tossing your bag inside, you stood beside him, almost bouncing with excitement. Dean took one look at you and chuckled. "Someone's excited."

"I'm just excited to be doing something good for a change!" You blurted out, before freezing. You had just made a giant blunder, and you hoped it would be overlooked by Dean. However, you weren't lucky enough, and he turned to look at you, his eyebrow raised in question.