Rebuilding

Struggling to wake up, the first thing you noticed was the lack of pain. Your body temperature felt normal, your arm and head no longer pounding. You felt almost normal, and it worried you. 

Either you were dead, sent into that place Demon's only whispered about. Or they had been able to save you before you perished. 

Stretching your arms over your head, you heard a slight chuckle from beside you. "Somebody's finally awake," The deep voice announced and you immediately knew it was Dean.

As you opened your eyes, you immediately saw Dean, and you imagined you could easily get used to that sight. He was leaning back against the headboard, his long bow legs stretched out in front of him. His grey flannel was unbuttoned, the sleeves rolled up to his forearms. A black t-shirt was layered underneath. With a laptop on his lap, a cup of coffee on the nightstand beside him, he looked comfortable, like he had been settled in for quite some time.  The smell of the coffee caused your stomach to rumble, and Dean furrowed his brows in concern.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, closing the laptop, focusing his attention on you.

"A million times better, thanks to you and Crowley," you answered truthfully, cautiously stretching your arm. 

He turned away, placing his laptop next to his coffee. "Don't thank me. If it wasn't for my stubbornness, you wouldn't have been in that predicament, to begin with."

You knew that was as close to an apology as you would get from Dean, and you truly appreciated it. 

"I don't blame you, Dean, not for that, not for anything. Not for even wanting to kill me, I should have..." You told him, trying to apologize for keeping your true self hidden from him, but the creak of the door as it opens stopped you. 

Crowley and Sam were both standing at the door, halfway in as they stared your way. Sam had an amused look on his face, while Crowley held a tray full of food. You noticed all of your favorite foods on the tray as he came closer. He eyed Dean warily, setting the tray down carefully on your lap. "All my favorites?" You asked Crowley, as Dean reached over, stealing a strawberry from your tray. 

Sending a death glare towards Dean, Crowley turned his attention towards you. "Darling, after what these buffoons have put you through, you need to eat, regain your strength."

Picking up a cup of hot chocolate, you took a sip. "Thank you, Crowley. For this, and for saving me." 

Climbing off the bed, Dean ran a hand through his hair, staring down at you. "Damn, for a Demon you have some nice manners. It's ....confusing."

"Squirrel, I already thought you knew, she's most definitely not like other Demons." Crowley said mysteriously.

Dean looked at you, a hooded gaze you couldn't quite discern. "I think I'm starting to see that. But just because you're different doesn't mean thatI'll ever forgive you. Or trust again. That chance is long gone. 

Reaching out, Sam stopped Dean from leaving the room. Ignoring the deadly look Dean sent his way, Sam spoke up. "Crowley, that's the second time you've said something like that about Y/N. What do you mean?" 

Everyone turned their attention to Crowley, waiting for his answer, including you. Ever since you had first laid eyes on Crowley, he had treated you differently than all the other Demons. Pair that with the fact that you had never fit in, you knew something had to be different. 

Shaking his head, Crowley crossed his arms. "That's on a need to know basis, and I'm not ready for you to know yet. I want you concentrating on how to get this Ebony. Then maybe,"  Crowley exclaimed, annoying both Winchesters. 

Ignoring their glares,, he came back to your side, brushing your hair back. "I really don't like you staying with these neanderthals. Especially when they just tried to kill you. Please come back with me, where I can keep you safe."

"But Crowley, I still have the tattoo, I couldn't transport out of here, even if I wanted to." You told him. But even if you didn't have the tattoo, you would have probably stayed, trying to mend your relationship with both brothers. 

Nodding to your arm, Crowley waited, silently. Glancing down, you immediately noticed that where the angry red welt and tattoo had been, the skin was smooth once again. The spell that Crowley had done must have erased the spell, getting rid of the sickness that had come along with it. 

"But without the tattoo, I'll have to get shackled again. They won't trust me otherwise. I don't want to go back to the dungeon," you whispered, your face falling at the depressing thought. 

"So, no going back to hell with me?" Crowley asked, already knowing the answer, you shaking your head as he said the words.

He turned to the Winchesters, standing to his full height, which was well below both men, trying to show he meant business. "I wanted her to go with me, back to hell, away from you morons. But she likes you for some weird reason, and said no."

Sam and Dean both seemed surprised at that, looking towards you for confirmation. You nodded slightly, a shy smile on your lips.

"Oh, and boys. Leave the cuffs in the dungeon. If you need anything, use this. It will stop her from using her Demon powers, and only a human can put it on and take it off. She won't be able to." Crowley said, dropping a velvet bag into Dean's hand before he vanished.

Dean opened the bag, pulling out a small, handcrafted silver bracelet. Bringing it over to you, he showed you the delicate devil's trap and other symbols etched into the silver. It was beautiful, but it scared you. It had to be powerful for Crowley to keep a hold of it, and you wondered if it would be any different than the cuffs.  

Knowing you really didn't have a choice, you raised your arm up, patiently waiting for Dean to place it on you. Hoping it wouldn't hurt. Glancing between you and the bracelet, Dean seemed to fight an internal battle. Finally, he placed the bracelet back into the bag. 

He caught your surprised look. "I don't think you're fully recovered to try and leave the bunker or do anything," he started. "And you seem more than willing to stay behind and help us. So as long as we're in the bunker, you won't have to wear it. But the second you try something, or when we're traveling...," his words trailing off. 

Dean surprised you. You hadn't expected him to be so lenient, and you were grateful. It was a step in the right direction. Sure, a small one. But it was a step none the less, and you were ready to prove to him that he wouldn't regret it.