Devils Trap

The next couple of days were heavenly. With no hunt to be found, the three of you lounged about the bunker, cleaning up long forgotten messes, and spending the nights drinking, playing cards and just spending time with each other. You loved these moments, but a nagging thought at the back of your mind kept reminding you that these days were too good to last.

Ebony's visit was on the back burner of your mind, and Crowley hadn't come visiting again. Tonight, Sam was in his room watching Netflix, leaving you and Dean alone to spend some time together. The two of you were on the couch, a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table in front of you, and a brand new movie in the DVD player. Dean's arm was around you, and you were snuggled against his chest, perfectly content in the moment.

"Y/N," Dean said. Tilting your head, your eyes stared into Dean's, his shining with an emotion you were too nervous to name, lest it broke the spell and you were wrong.

"Hmm," you answer, caught up in his gaze.

He started running his fingers through your hair, lightly, and you almost purred it felt so good. "I know we haven't known each other that long, but I need to tell you this. As a hunter, you never know when your last moment will be, and I want you to know before that moment comes."

Your heart racing, you sat up, and Dean's fingers got caught in your hair. Cussing, he gently untangled them, before placing his hands on your shoulders, trying to keep you still.

"Damn it woman, would you hold still," He yelled. "I'm trying to tell you I'm in love with you!"

Those three words were enough to do what his hands couldn't. You froze, held in place by the unsure look on his face, the nervous tick of his jaw. The fearless hunter was afraid, and all it had taken was his emotions to knock him down. You understood why. Everyone he had loved, even Sam, had been ripped away from him at some point, and he had shut his heart off to keep the hurt away. It was amazing to know that he had decided to open his heart up to you. But it also killed you that your relationship was built on lies that could shatter his trust instantly.  

Taking your silence as a negative, Dean stood up, running his hand through his short hair, trying to leave the tv room. Before he could take another step, you used your demonic speed to rush over to him, standing in front of him.

"Hey, how did you..." he started to question, but you placed a finger on his plump lower lip, stopping what he was about to say.

"Dean I.." you started, trying to figure out the right words to say. Wondering if you were ready to tell him the truth. 

He shook his head, tilting it down so you couldn't see the heartbreak in his eyes. "It's alright Y/N, it won't change anything. You can still hunt with us if you want. I get it if you don't love me back."

"Dean shut up!" You grumbled. "I'm trying to tell you I love you too! It's just hard to get the words out."

It took a moment for your words to sink in, and you watched his face as they did. Heartbreak slowly turned to shock as they processed, his eyes widening, his lips parting. But his lips slowly curled, turning into a Cheshire cat grin, his eyes lighting up.   "Really? You're not just saying that in pity, are you?"

You shook your head, your grin matching his. "No, I think I've loved you ever since you pulled the car over and climbed out. It was fate."

You watched in surprise as he shuttered. "Don't ever mention fate to me, she's one vindictive bitch," He mumbled before slinging his arm over your shoulder and guiding you back to the couch where your movie still sat on menu mode.

As soon as Dean picked up the remote to finally start the movie, Sam and another figure stepped into the room. Dean sat the remote back down, and strode over, smiling at the man. He was tall, though not nearly as tall as either Sam and Dean. He had messy dark brunette hair, almost black in color, and very striking blue eyes. He was wearing a long, tan trench coat over a suit, and you wondered who exactly he was.

Dean seemed pleased to see this man, and you listened in to their conversation. Dean was exclaiming that it had been too long, and not to keep them out of the loop for so long. Then he seemed to remember you, and turned and gestured to you, wanting you to come meet his friend.

Cautiously, you made your way over, a wave of unease spreading over you. For some reason, you felt that this man would cause great trouble for you, but you weren't sure how.

"Hey Y/N, this is Cas. He's the Angel who raised me from hell, and he's been helping us ever since. Cas, this is Y/N, the woman of my dreams," Dean introduced you, his gleeful smile still spread across his face.

The Angel was looking at you, his head tilted, and his eyebrows creased as if in great thought. All of a sudden a long, gleaming silver knife slid out of his coat sleeve and within seconds he was holding it against your throat.

"Cas!" Both Sam and Dean yelled, but Cas ignored them and pushed you until your back slammed into the wall, the tip of the knife pressing into your neck.

"Who are you, and how did you trick these men?" Cas demanded, and you looked at Dean for help.

"Cas buddy, it's Y/N. I told you about her. Hell, I even just proclaimed my love to her. Let her go, you're scaring her." Dean tried to reason.

Cas didn't move the knife an inch, but he did glance at Dean. "Dean I hate to say this, but the woman you fell in love with is probably dead. Because in front of me right now is a Demon."