Working Together

"Son of a Bitch!" Dean cursed, easily realizing what you had feared. Sam had been taken by Ebony, being held, hostage.   That could only mean one thing, she was planning on using Sam in her plan to raise Lucifer.

"Listen Ebony, you don't know what you're doing. Releasing Lucifer is not a good thing, for humans and Demons alike. As soon as he's done tearing apart the world, he's gonna get rid of the Demons. Let Sam go, and we can forget about all of this." You pleaded, as the sound of your friends tortured cries echoed over the phone.

"I don't believe you. Bringing Lucifer back is the best thing that could happen to us. Then we could get rid of that whiney Crowley, and rule the world." She argued.

"What are you doing to Sam?" Dean growled, his hands held tight into fists, the skin on his knuckles white. The sounds coming from the phone killing him.

Ebony laughed, an evil, bone chilling laugh. "Just keeping ourselves occupied. He has to be alive for Lucifer, doesn't mean we have to keep him in one piece."

"You bitch!" Dean cursed, reaching for the phone, and in his state you were afraid he would snap it in two. Placing your hand on his arm, you tried to calm him down. He was no good to Sam in this shape. 

"Thank you." She replied, "I love hearing compliments from that deep, sexy voice."

"You called us, Ebony. What do you want?" You asked, annoyed at the way she was flirting with Dean. Dean might not be your man anymore, but it still grated on your nerves. 

"What did I want? Nothing really. Maybe just to gloat in your face that I won. I have Sam now, so I'm going back to where it all ended, and I'm going to bring Lucifer back, soon. And there's nothing you can do about it." She warned, before hanging up.

"Damn it," Dean yelled, slamming the table with his fist. You stood next to him, biting your lip as you tried to come up with a plan. There was no way you could leave Sam with Ebony, you would do whatever it took to bring him back.

"What if we ask Crowley?" You wondered out loud but you already knew Crowley wouldn't help. You liked the Demon, but he was more worried about staying alive. He liked the safety of his throne room, letting his minions do the dirty work. 

"He won't help Sam." Dean mumbled, sitting down on a chair, his head in his hands.

You sank down in the chair next to him, at a loss. You hadn't the first clue how to Save Sam. You wanted to console Dean, but you were scared he would pull away if you tried. Dean would be lost without Sam, and if Ebony succeeded...you couldn't think about that now. 

As you sat and watched Dean, a thought slowly rose up, and left you wondering if it was really the best way to go about things. It was worth a shot, you told yourself, before gently touching Dean's shoulder.

"Dean." You spoke softly, unsure of how he would handle your touch. Slowly his tear rimmed green eyes stared up at you, full of pain that tore at your heart. His eyes pleaded with you for help, which you wish you could give him. 

"I'm a Demon." You started, "So maybe I can transport in, blend in with her minions, get close to Sam, and transport him out of there." You didn't like the plan. There was no way that Ebony wouldn't spot you, but you had to try to save Sam, even if it meant that you perished in the attempt. 

Dean was still silent, his gaze returning to his lap, and you weren't sure if he had even heard you in his state. Sighing, you started to tell him again when he reached over, grasping your knee. Shocked at the sudden contact, you waited to see what would happen next. 

"No."

One word, that's all that he said. Loud and clear. "But Dean? I can't think of any other plan, and I would gladly give my life to bring Sam back to you," you argued, knowing it was true. If you died saving Sam, you would at least die doing something good. 

"No, I won't let you," Dean insisted, his hand hot and heavy against your knee, his gaze traveling up to yours, the tears gone and a steady resolve filling his face instead.

"Why not?" You asked curiously.

"You would probably get caught, and then I would have to figure out how to save not only Sam, but you too," he tried to chuckle, but it came out more of a choked cough. You could see he was trying to be brave.

"But it's all I can think of! Please let me try!" You begged, but Dean was adamant, shaking his head no.

"I can't. I know I said some nasty things earlier. But losing Sam made me realize I can't lose you either. I don't know exactly what that means, but all I know is I want you to stay in my life. And that's why I won't let you do that suicide mission. We will find another way."

You couldn't believe the words that came out of Dean's mouth. The fact that he still cared, and wanted you around was a beacon of light in this dark time, and it warmed your heart.

"Okay, but if we can't find another way, you will let me do it my way. Promise?" You said, your tone booking no argument.

Dean agreed, and the two of you sat there in silence, each of your brains working hard on finding some other way to rescue Sam.

"Wait, didn't she say she was going back to where it all ended? What did she mean by that?" You asked, confused.

Dean thought for a moment, before shooting out of his chair, and grabbing your shoulders, pulled you up with him. "You're a genius!" He exclaimed, before sealing his lips over yours. At first, you were frozen, the feel of his lips on yours was amazing, something you thought you wouldn't have felt again. Then you let yourself melt into his embrace, but as soon as you did, he pulled back, holding you at arm's length.

"Sorry, got carried away." He muttered. "It's just I know where she will be. We sent Lucifer back to his cage at Stull Cemetery."

"So she's going to bring him back there." You finished his thought.
"And if we can get there before she does, maybe we can stop it!"

"You pack, I'm going to see if I can get Cas down here to help us," Dean told you, and the both of you went to work, hope bringing a spring to your step.