Road Trip

There was something about the open road, sitting in the back seat of a classic car, listening to rock music, your hair flapping in the breeze. It was exhilarating and relaxing at the same time, making you realize exactly how much you had missed road trips. 

Dean handled the Impala well, traveling down back country roads with ease, while Sam spent his time sleeping or researching more about Ebony. You stayed quiet, not wanting to ruin their good moods, sitting quietly in the back and watching everything around you.

You loved this side of Dean, how confident he was behind the wheel, how loose he was as he kept time with the song on the radio, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. You knew Dean would always have a special place in your heart, and no matter what happened on this hunt, you would always love him.

"Let's stop in the next town for the night." Sam broke the silence. "It's the closest town to our destination, it will give us a chance to regroup and get ready for tomorrow."

You couldn't believe how fast the road trip had gone. It seemed like you had just left the bunker, but now here you were, hours later, almost to your destination.

Dean pulled into a single level motel, taking one of the first parking spots. You stared out the window at the motel, amazed at how they had made it look like a bunch of small log cabins all together. It was charming and quaint, even if it was a little old and dilapidated. Sam climbed out, stretching his back before heading to the lobby, leaving you with Dean. 

You followed Dean as he came around the back of the Impala, easily catching your bag as Dean tossed it towards you. 

By the time Sam returned, you and Dean were both waiting at the front of the Impala, your arms ladened with bags. Sam held up the room key, pointing to a room just slightly down the walkway. He led the way, opening one of the small cabins and stepping to the side so you could enter. The beds were a log, as was everything else in the small room. A small couch, barely large enough for two, had wooden arms and faded cushions sat in front of the window. 

Dean quickly took charge, tossing his bag onto the bed closest to the door, leaving you thinking you would be stuck on the tiny couch. "Sam, you take that bed. Y/N and I will share this one," he ordered, his expression unreadable. 

Sam didn't argue, throwing his bag beside the bed before settling down at the table, his laptop on and ready in front of him. Dean sat down across from him, and you sank down onto the couch, your hands clasped in your lap. 

"So what's the plan?" Dean asked Sam.

Sam lifted his eyes from his laptop screen.  "We have it narrowed it down to a city, but not much more than that. So tomorrow we need to get a lay of the land, find out where she is, how many demons are with her, that type of thing."

A nagging thought wouldn't go away, and you spoke up. "Guys, I think that maybe Sam should stay behind. After all, he is still Lucifer's true vessel, and if she's trying to raise Lucifer again, I could see her trying to go after him."

Sam started to disagree, but Dean spoke up first. "I agree with you Y/N, but if she's as tough as she says, then we need all the help we can get. I was even planning on calling Cas in for this one."

"As long as he doesn't try to kill me again." You muttered under your breath, still scared of that trench coated Angel. Nervous energy started from your fingertips, quickly spreading through your body. You immediately knew what it was, and you glanced up at Dean in dismay. 

"What?" Dean asked, noticing the dismayed look on your face and the tension in your shoulders. 

"We have a problem guys," you exclaimed. "I'm being summoned. Grab the bracelet," you told them, knowing it would keep you grounded in the room, but before Dean could even move you were gone.  

The wood decor was gone, replaced with stone and tapestries. The uncomfortable couch had turned into a plush heavy armchair, one that you easily recognized. You were in Crowley's personal chambers, summoned by the King of Hell himself. 

"Hello, Darling. I wasn't sure if my summoning would work, but I had to try. It's too dangerous to go topside right now." He told you, lounging in the armchair across from you, a glass of scotch in one hand. 

Scowling in annoyance, you crossed your arms. "You do realize that by summoning me, you've probably screwed up my relationship with the Winchesters even more." 

He just shrugged before taking a sip. "They will get over it. Now, how are you feeling?"

"As good as new. But Crowley, you couldn't have brought me here just to talk about my health." You argued, standing up to pour yourself a small amount of his expensive scotch. There weren't many he would share his precious scotch with, but you were one.

"No, I wanted to know how the hunting of Ebony was going." He explained, finally getting down to business.

So you told him everything you had found out, which wasn't much. He listened intently, before downing the rest of his drink. "Here's what I know. You're correct about the town. She's currently residing in a fancy townhome in a different meat suit than you last saw her. She has at least three buffoons helping her, maybe more. That's all the intel I've been able to gather."

"That's more than we've been able to get." 

"Now, on to different matters. I knew you had feelings for Squirrel, but after your near death fiasco, I hadn't realized how much you meant to him."

You laughed at that. "He used to have feelings for me, but now those feelings are of distrust and hate."

"I don't think so. I think Dean still loves you, and I wanted to warn you. Steer clear of him. Everybody who gets close to the Winchesters dies, or even worse. Do this job, then come back to me, where I can keep you safe." Crowley pleaded with you.

You knew Crowley cared for you, that he always had, and you were grateful for that. But you weren't going to promise something that you weren't sure you could follow through on. "Crowley I appreciate the concern, but can we just play it by ear? Who knows, they might kick me out as soon as this job is done anyways. Because I don't think Dean loves me anymore."

Crowley smiled sadly at you, sitting his empty glass on the small end table beside him. Raising his hand, he moved to send you back, but the questioning glance you sent his way stopped him. 

"Crowley, when are you going to tell me what you meant? About not being a normal Demon. I need to know," you pleaded with him.

"Darling, it's not for me to tell," he told you mysteriously before he sent you on your way.