Taken

Unbelievable. You hadn't expected Dean to react with such anger riddled jealousy. You had never considered your relationship with Crowley to create such a reaction in him. Your relationship with Crowley was more that of a protege. It hurt that Dean thought you had cheated on him. You were distraught, more than a little angry that he would believe so little in you.

"Well, I am a Demon right?" You sneered sarcastically, but Dean seemed to miss your point, he was so caught up in his own world of hurt and anger.

"Exactly, you're a Demon, he's a Demon, hell you probably were both laughing at me, using our relationship for your entertainment. Is that all I was, entertainment for you and Crowley? See how far you could make me fall, before kicking me when I was down?"

"Dean, I really thought you would have known me better than that. But what I am expecting, you could never look past the fact that I'm a Demon, you couldn't see that just maybe some monsters aren't all bad. That maybe I had no other motive than loving you!" You yelled, your chest heaving. You hadn't felt this much emotion since...since you had dealt with Steven. Because of Dean, your emotions were on a roller coaster ride, and you weren't sure you could handle much more.  

Dean threw his beer bottle against the motel wall in frustration, the shattering glass frightening you. "How the hell am I supposed to know anything about you? You came into our lives, pulling me under your spell, not telling us anything about your life! Then we find out you're a Demon. How was I supposed to handle that? Shrug my shoulders and ignore the fact? The last time one of us trusted a Demon look where it got us. We started the apocalypse. Now here you are, getting all cozy to us, with the threat of Lucifer rising up again. What am I supposed to think?"

You sank back down onto the couch, the fight exhausting you. You could understand where he was coming from. He had been backstabbed, many times before. Grateful that you were finally airing out some of your issues, you were worried that this would be too big to work past.

"Dean," You whispered, closing your eyes and taking a deep breath. You had altercations, the way they took everything out of you. Never one for altercations, you had always tried to appease people, never had you cared for someone this much to fight back.

Dean had been busy pacing, his anger creating a nervous energy that needed an outlet. His name, softly spoken, stopped him in his tracks, and he looked at you. His eyes were filled with pain, and it broke your heart.

"Dean, come sit. This yelling at each other isn't going to solve anything. I'm tired of fighting with you. Tired of always walking around on tiptoes." 

He sighed but did as he was told, sitting down at the far end of the couch, leaning back on the cushions. "Now what?" He asked.

"Now we talk." You began. "First of all, Crowley and I have never been together as a couple. Never have been, never will be."

"But the way you two have acted, the way he cares for you," Dean argued.

"Like family. He saved me, that's it. I've only loved two people, both who've turned their backs on me." You admitted, your gaze dropping to your lap, missing the way Dean's green eyes glanced over you. 

"Listen, I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, but what you did was not okay. You should have said something. I'm not sure I will ever be able to get over that fact." Dean stated, reiterating his previous point. Sure, you had known from the start you weren't handling things well, and you had a feeling it would be held against you forever. 

"I know. But I just wanted, no needed, to feel like I could do something good for a change. I hate being a Demon. I hate knowing that I'm automatically labeled evil. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but it was nice being just me. A normal girl who had this amazing man to love." You said, tears filling your eyes.

Dean ran his hands through his hair, the frustration getting to him. "I understand that. I do. I just don't know where to go from here."

"Can we try to be friends? For a start." You asked your heart in your chest.

Dean stayed frozen for so long, you weren't sure if he had heard you. "Sam's the one who's friends with Demons, not me. I will hunt with you, kill Ebony, that's it. I'm sorry, but that's all I can offer."

Your heart shattered into a million pieces at his words, tears spilling from your eyes. Dean looked at you, his eyes saddened but his face resolved.

Unable to face being in the same room with Dean any longer, you rushed to the door, blindly reaching for the handle. As you opened the door, you heard Dean's voice once again. "I know it's hard, but I just can't. I can't open my heart again."

Shutting the door, you ran through the parking lot, to the street, before slowing to a walk. Tears streaming down your face, you walked, not paying any attention to where your feet were taking you. Past houses, apartments, and buildings, you didn't care. You needed to walk and clear your head. You weren't sure how you could go back, but you knew you would, eventually. This fight against Ebony was too important to let feelings get in the way.

As you walked, you passed by a fast food restaurant, stopping when you noticed a familiar car in the parking lot. Glancing around for Sam, you looked through the huge glass windows of the restaurant. Not seeing the giant man anywhere, you strode over to the Impala, your own heartache forgotten.

What you saw turned your blood cold. The driver's side door was cracked open. Bags were toppled over, food spilling out, still warm. Sam's phone was on the ground, partially hidden by the tire.

"Damn it!" You cursed, knowing Ebony had something to do with this. Grabbing his phone from the ground, you slid the spilled food off of the seat as you spotted the keys on the carpet by the gas pedal. Quickly starting the car, you raced it back to the motel, squealing tires as you turned into the parking lot. Jumping out of the car almost before it stopped, you banged on the motel door, your keys laying on the table inside.

Dean opened the door, another beer bottle in his hand. "You're back already?"

"Shut up Dean, this is important. Sam's gone!" You yelled, pointing to the car behind you. Immediately Dean snapped to attention, his hunter instincts kicking in.

"Tell me everything you know!" He demanded.

You started to tell him, but your story was interrupted by the sound of a phone ringing. "Are you going to answer that?" Dean asked you.

"It's not mine." You answered.

"Well it's not mine," Dean replied, looking around. It was then you realized the ringing was coming from your pocket, and you pulled out Sam's phone.

"Hello?" You answered cautiously.

"Hi Y/N, I told you we would be hearing from each other again."

"Ebony." You muttered, causing Dean's spine to stiffen. "Speaker." He mouthed.

Turning it on speaker, you both leaned in, listening carefully.

"if I had known you hung out with such strong, handsome men, I would have tried to contact you earlier." She purred, and you could hear Sam yelling in the background. You could see the fury on Dean's face as you waited for Ebony's demands.