Back to the Beginning

Once again you found yourself sitting in your small living room, this time the book laid forgotten on your lap. For the past two weeks you had been sitting in the exact same place, attempting to read the same book. Crowley had decided the best course of action was for you to get as far away from the Bunker as possible, and since they didn't know about your house, he had sent you back there. 

Now you were back to the same old lifestyle you had tried so hard to get away from. You were back in your house, which seemed too small and cramped after all the room in the bunker. Instead of going on road trips and hunting down monsters, you were back to being the monster. Crowley had once again put you in charge of crossroads deals, so you spent your time waiting for the call, dreading it each time. It had happened a couple of times so far, and each time you had imagined it had been the Winchesters finding out about you, but instead, it had been unhappy humans, wanting more but not wanting to work for it.

The rest of the time you spent moping about your house, your hair in a messy bun, dressed in your favorite pj's that had seen much better days, eating ice cream and crying. At night you laid in bed, going over all your time with Dean, how happy you had been, how alive you had felt for the first time in years. It had been the best part of your long, boring, hellish life and you missed it desperately.

At times you thought about going back, trying to reason with Sam and Dean, to show them that Demons weren't all bad, at least you weren't. But you knew the minute you showed your face, they would attempt to kill you. And you couldn't force yourself to see the hate in his eyes. 

Tossing the unread book onto the end table next to you, you covered your face with your hands, wondering how you were going to go on with the rest of your life, knowing you had something special slip out of your fingers.

Disappointed in yourself for being such a wreck, you gathered up your energy. Deciding a shower is what you needed before you left the house for some fresh air. Maybe a change of scenery would clear your head, remind you that you were still alive. Or at least still a Demon. a

Your room was located on the second floor, a spacious loft type room with a large rounded window at the front. Your bathroom was located towards the back of the room, an airy, large bathroom painted a light gray and yellow. Your shower was gray marble. The shower large enough for at least two, with an expensive jet shower head. It had been your one and only splurge, and you loved standing under the strong stream of water, letting it pound the worries and strain from your shoulders. Always forgetting for a moment or two that you were a Demon.  

Staying in the shower until the water ran cold, you finally shut it off. The steam and pressure had done wonders for your battered heart, and you finally felt a little better. Wrapping your body in an oversized butter soft towel, you took your time in the bathroom. Pampering yourself, slathering lotion all over your body, brushing your hair out. Things you hadn't had the energy or desire to do since you left the bunker. 

It felt good to take care of yourself. As a Demon you didn't age, but your finishing school had taught you to keep your body well cared for, and you had never forgotten that. As you put the lotion away and went to move out of the bathroom, you felt the familiar tingle travel all up your spine, letting you know you were being summoned.

"Damn it!" You cussed, rushing into your room to grab any clothes you could find before you were transported to the middle of the road. Reaching for a pair of underwear, you slipped them on under the towel, then grabbed a shirt from the dresser next to you. Before you could do anything more, you felt yourself shift, and soon you were no longer in your bedroom.

"Damn it." You cussed again, wishing you had the power to dress with a snap of your fingers, but it hadn't been one of the powers you had been gifted with.

Making sure the towel covered all your important bits, you turned in a circle, looking for whoever had summoned you. Hopefully, it was some stupid teenager who thought he couldn't live without being loved by a certain girl. It was always fast and easy, and you would be back in your house before you could snap your fingers.

But as you turned to face your summoner, you noticed paint by your feet. Scanning out farther, your heart dropped as you realized you had been summoned into a trap. You were standing smack dab in the middle of a devils trap, wearing only underwear and a towel, your t-shirt being left behind during the transport.

Your gaze shifted up, past the pitted pavement to the two sets of feet standing in front of you. Both were wearing scuffed, heavy work boots, one pair dark brown, the other tan. Your eye level moved up, following two pairs of worn blue jeans, one long and lean, the other bow legged. Your heart beating faster, you quickly skimmed past the flannel chests, stopping on the familiar faces.