Pure

A bright light shined from beyond your closed eyes, brighter than anything you had felt in your lifetime. Your eyes strained against it, struggling to stay closed. You wanted to know what it was, but you were scared it would scar you. Your body felt light, free as if you were no longer weighed down by the pressure of a body. It was if you were a separate entity, no longer held down by normal humanity.

Maybe this was what death was like, the bright light in front of you, the feeling of weightlessness. Maybe Cas hadn't known what he was doing and pushed too far, and your body succumbed to the pain. The thought disappointed you. You weren't ready to leave your life behind, especially since you had just been reunited with Dean.

"Come Y/N, open your eyes." The voice was new, it's tone low as it coaxed you to follow his commands. It was a man's voice, soothing and calm, and you wanted to do whatever it asked.  

Slowly, as if they were made of lead, your eyelids opened. Almost immediately you wanted to shut them again, the light was still so bright. But slowly the light faded away, a face taking form in front of you. 

Scooting up, away from the face, you pushed against the plush white material of the lounge you were laying on. You were in a small room, all four walls a brilliant pearly white, no pictures, windows or doors to break up the color. 

"Where am I?" You were starting to get concerned. The last you could remember was Cas prodding through your brain, and now you were here. Wherever here was.  

"Don't worry, you haven't gone anywhere. We are in your subconscious," He explained simply. Sitting on the edge of the lounge, you turned to face him, wondering who could be powerful enough to travel into your mind. 

"Are you a reaper?" You asked, taking in his dark brown curly hair threaded with gray,  vibrant blue eyes, and stubble along his chin. He was dressed in a nice suit, but even then he had a slight disheveled air about him.

"No, I'm not." He chuckled awkwardly.  "Quite far from it actually, I give life, not take it away."

His words only confused you even more. You felt drawn to this man, but he made you extremely nervous at the same time? "What do you want with me?" You asked, needing some answers.  

Casually he crossed one leg over another. He was reclined back in an upholstered white chair. It was threaded throughout with strands of silver and blue, giving it sort of a glimmer that you hadn't expected. "I've been interested in you for a long-time Y/N," he continued on as if the two of you were close friends. Even before you became a Demon. Which I am truly sorry that happened. What do you remember?" 

Closing your eyes, your memories came back easily. Memories of your previous life, and Steven, how you traded your life for his. Memories of being a Demon, of Crowley and all the evilness you had seen and been subjected to. You smiled as the memories of Sam and Dean came flying by, the best memories you had. Then the memories of the fight against Ebony, and your death.

Your eyes flashing open, you stared at the stranger. "But wait, I was dead! Ebony killed me. How can I be alive again?" You asked.

He shrugged, a slight smile on his face. "I wasn't ready for you to be dead yet."

You were so confused, your head felt like it was spinning around, with all this new information, along with the memories. It was a lot to take in. "Can you please explain?" You asked.

"Of course." He replied. "You see, your mother was very important to me. One of my grandchildren, I guess you could say. I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but your mom was one of mine, and I looked away when she had a fling with a human. It's usually frowned upon but I couldn't tell her no."

"So my mom isn't fully human?" You mumbled, stunned at the news. Trying to figure out where his story was going. 

"No, she wasn't. She was half angel, which means you have some angel floating about in there," he said, waving his finger towards you. "That's why I'm surprised you could actually become a demon, I wasn't sure that was even possible. Imagine my surprise."

"So you knew about me, but you didn't try to help?" You asked, upset that this man had done nothing to help you.

He shrugged once again. "I wanted to see what would happen. You didn't have enough angel juice in you to live this long, and I really needed you to meet and fall in love with Dean Winchester."

You just shook your head, your head pounding with all this new information. "So you knew about me, but did nothing because you wanted to see if I could really become a demon so I could live in this day and age to love Dean?" You repeated, making sure you had everything correct.

"Bingo!" He said excitedly. "I knew this wouldn't be too hard for you to understand. If you hadn't been able to stay a demon, I would have figured something else out."

"But why? Why was it so important that I fall in love with Dean?" Your voice broke, hating the fact that your love was destined. Did that mean it was even real?

He stood up, placing his hands in the pockets of his suit pants, pushing the suit coat back. "It wasn't that I wanted you to fall in love with him, I just wanted both of you to be happy. You both have gone through so much, and I knew you two were destined to be together. I just wasn't sure how. But I needed you there to help defeat Ebony."

You sighed in relief that your love wasn't exactly forced, even though it was a part of destiny. "But who are you? Why bring me back after we defeated Ebony? Wouldn't it have been easier to let me die?"

"Y/N, of course, it would have been easier, but it wouldn't have been right. You weren't supposed to die then, that wasn't part of my plan." He answered part of your question.

"So now what? Am I going to die now?" 

"Well, that's up to you. I hid your memories farther back than I had meant to, and it was very hard on you when Cas tried to retrieve them. The journey back is going to be hard, and you will have to fight. But if you are done, if you are tired of fighting, then yes, you will die now, and live in a place I have specially reserved for you in heaven." He told you.

"Heaven? How can I go to heaven? I was a Demon, I lived in Hell, and I killed people. My soul isn't pure enough to go to heaven." You exclaimed.

He shook his head at you. "None of that matters. Your soul is one of the most pure souls ever created, thanks to my lovely daughter. No matter what you went through, it wouldn't change that fact. That's why it was so hard on you, and why, no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't turn you evil."

You had always known you weren't completely evil, but deep down you had been afraid that your soul was tarnished, no longer the sweet girl but a darker, more devilish woman in her place. It was hard to believe that your soul could be one of the purest ones ever in existence, after all, that you had seen and done.

"So my soul is pure, that's why being a Demon was so hard? But how can I be human now?" You questioned.

"That doesn't matter. None of this really matters. What matters is what you are planning on doing. So much of your life has been out of your control. I'm going to leave this last piece to you. What is it going to be? Live a human life with Dean, or live in safety and comfort in heaven?"