Chapter 7

Okay after half an hour of swaying, and kicking, and grunting, I decided I hated these dumb people. It wasn't that they were abusive, just ignorant. I wanted down. Transforming wasn't going to help me here either. Something about them smelt funny. I thought they might be weres. Just what I needed. 

So I went with plan B. If they wouldn't let me down, I'd make them. I started scratching at the Jackson's arm, but he didn't even flinch. Okay he was good. Like they guy at the fried chicken place, good. I decided to another tactic. I screamed. Loud. Sparrow once told me my scream could break glass it was so loud and high pitched. I used it today to break eardrums.

Jackson and Sam both covered their ears at the sound of the scream, which caused Jackson to loosen his grip on me. Without a hesitation I slipped out of his grip and ran. I knew they would pursue me but, I needed to get as far as possible before that happened. Once I was a safe distance away I threw my clothes into my backpack and shifted. 

Hey Scarlet? I asked, inside my head.

Ya? She said, almost unwillingly, most likely because she knew what I was going to say next.

Take us out of here!

But this was our first shift together! We need to stay!

If we stay we'll be captured.

Fine I guess we can leave.

We started to run towards the border, with Scarlet giving little pouts inside my head, I knew she didn't want to leave and I didn't really want to either, but we had to. Then I smelt the sticky, sweet vanilla smell again. It made me feel all fuzzy and tingly and weird. All of the sudden I wanted to stay.

Scarlet, change in plans we got to stay a little longer. I said, as Scarlet mentally purred in delight. We changed our course and headed deeper into the forest. We ran for a little while just to enjoy it, until i realized it was getting dark.

I decided it set up a little camp near a stream. I shifted into my human form and put on my pajamas. I unpacked my backpack and ate some of the dried food. More like devoured it. I hadn't eaten since the chicken place, and that was about 8 hours ago, plus I had a big appetite.  

When I finally settled down into my sleeping bag, which I wished I hadn't had to use, it was past eleven. I had plenty of energy since I had gotten up so late. I lay there on the forest floor, listening to the sounds of the stream near by as I drifted into sleep.

.  .  .

When I woke it was already bright outside. I stretched and then sat on my sleeping bag as I ate some dried fruit for breakfast.  When I looked inside my backpack I noticed I only had a bag of dried fruit and a few slices of beef jerky, which wasn't as good as when I last had it when I was a kid, and a slice of bread. I would need some food soon, if I didn't get home today.

I refilled my water bottles and rolled up my sleeping bag then took off my pajamas and shifted. By that time it was around eleven. I needed to quit making a habit of sleeping this late. I didn't know what had come over me yesterday but today but I was determined to get home today.

Once I started running the scenery flew by. Scarlet kept protesting that we should stay in my head, but I didn't really have the time. I kept running but soon I realized that I was lost. Just great. I was lost somewhere in Alaska near a werewolf pack. What was my luck.

I came to a stop near a stream and paused my quest for home, for a drink of water. While I was drinking I had a strange feeling that someone was watching me followed by the tingly, weird feeling from earlier. I quickly shook it off and jumped over the stream.

Almost as soon as I did, someone was on me. From what I could tell it was a cat. Not any cat but a tiger. It quickly pinned me, as I struggled to get up but I couldn't. When I finally realized I was trapped I looked up and looked my trapper in the eyes. My green eyes met his amber ones. And at once I knew what it meant. I then heard him give a low hiss and then whisper,

"Mate."

==================================================

AN:

Yay chapter 7! I'm happy that I finally finished it. So I guess Dove here has found her mate. A aggressive tiger in the middle of werewolf territory. Fun right? Ya not really, but I hope you enjoyed the part and more is coming soon!