Chapter 10

As I stood outside the Alpha's room, waiting to enter, I felt a wave of nervousness come over me. I didn't know why but it was true. I was nervous about seeing him.

Of course Scarlet wasn't. She was just thrilled about seeing our mate again. She sounded like a girl with her first crush. Then again I had never liked anybody, so I guess it was kind of true.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. It opened quickly and Justin appeared. He looked from me to Jackson and back again. He stared at me for a moment with his wonderful amber eyes. He glanced away quickly.

"Come in, Snow." He said, smiling.

I entered the room to find a tidy little office, painted beige. It was simple and cozy with only a dark brown desk and a bookshelf in the room. I went behind the desk sat in the chair.

"So..." He said,

"So what?" I stated, without a hint of emotion, besides anger, in my voice.

"Calm down Snow, don't get your tail in a knot." He said with a smile.

"Quit calling me that." I said, with a low hiss.

"Then what SHOULD I call you." He said, in a low voice, tone matching mine.

"Dove."

"Dove..." He said, trying it out, "Well that can't possibly be your real name, so what is?"

"Why does everyone want to know that!" I said, frustrated.

"Oh, so did another, handsome alpha werecat, ask for your name?"

"Don't flatter yourself, and no. It was a werewolf and he wanted to capture me, kind of like you." I responded angrily.

"Oh Snow, I did not capture you, I simply..."

"Forced me to come to your pack, sit in a room for the entire day, and not leave. So yes you captured me."

Justin was silent for a moment, thinking about this, then he spoke very softly and slowly, "I'm sorry if you think of it that way but I don't want to lose you."

I looked at him for a moment and thought about what he had said. I studied this man for a moment. He was a Alpha. Strong, powerful, yet hurt, somewhere that can't be healed.

He started towards the door. Most likely revealing more than he would have liked to. When he had his hand on the knob, I finally spoke.

"Mirari." I said, quietly.

"What?"

"My name? It's Mirari."

He nodded, pondering this new information, then turned the doorknob and left. I had spoken my name for the first time in about ten years. I then realized I was alone in this room, and I didn't want to be.

. . .

About ten minutes late a young woman entered. I thought she might have been about 15, but I wasn't certain. She had blonde, almost white hair and cold blue eyes. She also had on a tight light blue dress. She was about 5'7 so I was a few inches taller than her. Her face was covered with makeup and in my opinion she looked like a clown.

"Follow me." She said, in a quiet, yet almost angry tone.

I stood up and grabbed my backpack and followed her without a word. She led me through the twists and turns of the house. Finally she stopped at a large wooden door, carved with the most beautiful patterns. I stood there for a moment then I entered.

It was a beautiful room. It was painted a light shade of purple. The bed had a blue and purple bed sheet, and there was a white dresser with a mirror. There was a little room in the back, that could only have been the bathroom.

However, the best part of the room was the giant window in the back wall. It had lacy curtains and the view was gorgeous. It had a view of the woods and and mountains in the room.

On my dresser there was a little sticky note. On it was a messy handwriting.

Snow

Hope you like your new room. Get settled in you can stay here as long as you like, or don't... I hope you stay though. If you need anything I'm next door. Literally.

-Tiger

I smiled at the note and played down on the bed. I decided that I need some sleep, and let myself fall into a uneasy sleep.