Chapter 11

I strutted into the cafeteria and pasted Perrie's table where I received a couple glares. I sat down and looked at my two friends who glared at me too. What's up with everyone today?

"Okay, spill." Hazel said and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Has Zayn asked you to the dance yet?" Faith said in excitement.

"No," I answered and pulled my lunch out of my backpack, "But we're becoming good friends and I don't want to rush into things. Him and Perrie only broke up a week ago."

"Even when they're broken up, Perrie still makes herself a problem." Hazel sighed.

"I think she's up to something. She's not just going to let you and Zayn be friends," Faith observed her from our table, "I'd watch your back, Avery."

"Don't worry, I am. The waiting game is killing me. If she's going to get back at me I wish she would just do it already." I said, running a hand through my hair.

"On a more positive note, Hazel cheered and clapped her hands, "Dress shopping this weekend!"

"I'm so excited for Friday!" Faith said happily.

"This Friday?" I asked with panic in my voice.

__

I paced around Zayn's living room, trying to find excuses to cancel with the girls on Friday.

"Why can't you go?" Zayn asked.

"It's a full moon, remember?" I said.

"Right. Just say your grandmother's visiting." Zayn suggested.

"Unless she can be reincarnated, that's not going to work."

"Tell them your mom said you couldn't go." Zayn offered.

"Hazel and Faith wouldn't believe that." I rejected once again.

"That's all I got." Zayn shrugged and slumped back on his couch.

"I have no choice but to go," I said the dreaded words I had been avoiding. Zayn shook his head, ready to object when I said

"You don't understand. Hazel has been dreaming about prom since middle school. She'd be devastated if I backed out last minute." I admitted.

Guess I'm going shopping.

__

Friday
5:00 pm

The sun's setting at 7:00 which mans I had two hours to go to the mall, pick out a dress, and head to Zayn's house. A car horn sounded from outside and I pulled up my shades to see Hazel outside. By the time we got to the mall, it was 5:15.

"Are you ready to go dress shopping?" Hazel said and tapped the car horn with excitement. Faith cheered in the back seat.

"Let's just make this quick."