Epilogue

"Are you sure you still want to do this?" Zayn squeezed my hand as I sat in the small cave pool with Morgan. The night after the dance, Morgan explained the whole thing to me. I have be in the water in the cave at midnight and when the moon reflected onto the water, my tail would vanish.

"Definitely." I sighed and the moon soon shinned down on the water. And poof, my tail was gone.

-

I managed to ace all of my classes and got accepted to the University of California. I decided to study marine biology because the whole mermaid thing fascinated me. I was curious about what the ocean holds. Flora was be studying in London for college and left to attend summer classes before staring in the fall. Hazel got accepted to the same college as me because she wants to be an actress. She though California could give that to her. Zayn got a full on football scholarship to my college. I would still be able to see him often while getting my degree.

I haven't seen Morgan since I changed back and I wasn't expecting to see her ever again. We weren't that close but she helped me a little bit, so I owe her big time.

"It's finally summer!" Hazel shouted out the drivers side window. I was scared she was going to drive us off the road. Hazel pulled the car up to the edge of the beach. We climbed out of the car and opened the truck to get our things. We set up camp close to the water.

"Last one in's a fish butt!" Hazel screamed and sprinted for the water. Zayn smirked and shoved me to the floor to slow me down.

"You're going down!" I hollered after and raced after him. I came to a stop at the shore line and water lapping a few feet away from me. I looked down the coast and saw the giant rocks off in the distance. A smile creeped onto my lips before I snapped my neck back to my two friends.

"Avery's the fish butt." Hazel laughed with Zayn and at the moment, I wouldn't mind being a fish butt.

"You both are immature children." I replied and steppes into the cold salt water. My legs didn't disappear and I ran into the water before tackling Zayn. Zayn grabbed me and placed a gentle kiss on my lips

I'm so happy I switched back.

a/n

Thanks for readings and voting!

xoxo, leah