Chapter 15

"I'm not sure I heard you right," I waved my hands and readjusted my sitting position. "Did you just ask me to the dance?"

"Yes," Zayn nervously said with a nod of his head. "What do you say"

How could I say no?

Perrie's P.O.V

"That freak!"I screamed at me Danielle.

"Why am I here again?" Dani asked and raised her hand. She's such an idiot.

"What does this look like to you?" I shrieked and showed her the picture I had taken of Avery.

"Avery's a mermaid? She's so lucky." Dani responded and clapped her hands. Kill me.

"Mermaids aren't real, Dani!" I shouted and chucked my phone on the floor.

"Anything's possible if you believe." Dani replied with her hands clutched together.

"Shut up!" I snapped and rubbed my temples. "Mermaids aren't real."

"That picture says otherwise. Now, she's just a bigger freak than before." Dani shrugged. If people knew her little secret, she'd be shipped of to a science lab and Zayn would come crawling back to me. I could use this.

"It's time to go fishing." I smirked and rubbed my hands together.

Avery's P.O.V

"He asked you to the dance!?" Hazel hollered and slammed me against the lockers.

"Yes?" I replied but it came out as more of a question. I grabbed her arms and took them off my shoulders. "Will you let go of me?"

"In the beginning of the year, you were a totally nobody but look at you now." Flora motioned towards me with a smile.

"Thanks?" I stuttered before two hands grabbed my arm and pulled me into the bathroom.

I stumbled forwards and saw Perrie glowering at me and Danielle checking he stalks for any other people. I rubbed my arm where Perrie had dug her nails into me.

"What was that for?" I cried.

"There's something fishy about you, Avery." Perrie began and pointed a finger at me.

"What do you mean by fishy?" I nervously chuckled and glanced at both of their faces.

"Mermaid fishy." Perrie smirked. My eyes widened out I burst out laughing.

"Perrie, there's no such thing as a mermaid." I stated and crossed my arms.

"Lie all you want but I have proof." Perrie explained and held up a picture of Zayn and I at the pond, my tail in perfect view.

"That's obviously photoshopped." I nervously defended myself.

"You know very well this picture isn't the works of photoshop. I want you to leave Zayn alone or this picture will be posted everywhere." Perrie threatened and shoved the phone into her purse.

My friends raced through the bathroom door and attached to my side.

"What did Perrie do to you?" Hazel asked and glared at her.

"Nothing yet," Perrie chuckled and began strutting out before glancing over her shoulder. "I hope you'll make the right choice."

She lightly waved at us before strutted out with Dani by her side. Hazel and Flora inspected my expression but I stared blankly at the door. My life was ruined.

"What was that about?" Hazel asked.

"Nothing." I breathed out and my cheeks flushed with red.

"Stop lying to us, Avery. You've change a lot this year with the whole Zayn thing and don't even think we didn't notice you aren't wearing your glasses anymore." Hazel explained and looked angry.

"I got contacts."

"That's just a good excuse." Flora glowered at me.

"People change." I sighed and stumbled nervously on my feet.

"You of all people don't change this quickly. You haven't changed since the first time I met you and that was 2nd grade." Hazel frustratingly argued.

"Who are you?" Flora shouted.

"Not a who," I blurted out and shut my eyes. "A what."

"What are you talking about?" Hazel scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm a mermaid."

a/n

Thanks for reading and voting

xoxox, Leah