Eight

"Soojin?"

My eyes threw themselves away from Mr Parks and in a state of panic, looked anywhere but at him. Mr Park stopped leaning in towards me and froze in his spot.
The sudden presence of someone else clearly had an effect on the both of us, stopping us from... kissing.
Oh my- I was inches away from kissing him!
Inches away from having those gorgeous, plump lips being pressed up against mine.

Mr Park suddenly looked completely flustered and pulled himself away from me, giving me my personal space back.

"Mmhmm?" I said in almost a whisper, answering the voice that had entered the room, looking over to see a tall brunette standing in the door way with an award winning smile plastered on his cocky face.

Jungkook.

"Oh, sorry? Should I not have come in? Wow, uhm, well, sorry for interrupting," he said after locking eyes with my own- he had laced a slight tone of fake sadness into his voice to make it seem as though he had just caught his girlfriend cheating on him, I rolled my eyes slightly at the unnecessary detail he had put into this all, yet inwardly laughed at how unrealistic it was.
Jungkook threw me a wink when Mr Park was occupied looking down at his shoes and then walked out dramatically as if he were about to run away crying.

I stared at the classroom door where Jungkook had stood- thinking of how if he just waited one more second. Just one more second, I would have- kissed Mr Park.

My face suddenly became warm and I became extremely aware of the atmosphere In the room that clouded around me. I felt as if I were about to suffocate from the thickness of the awkward air that threatened to choke me.

I suddenly felt very aware of myself in this moment- I could feel every single one of my limbs begin to tingle and I felt the adrenaline circulate throughout my body.
I felt so nervous.

It took my completely off guard when Mr. Park began to chuckle to himself. I looked up at him confused and on the verge of having a panic attack, "What's so funny?" I asked, my voice slightly trembling from my sudden realisation of how close we had been, and how to close we were to having our bodies pressed against each-other, having our hands touch, having his breath hit my face and having his lips on mine.

He looked down at me from the distance he had put between us, "I almost kissed Jungkook's girlfriend. What the hell is wrong with me?" he had muttered the last part to himself, running his fingers through his tangled hair.
I blushed even more from his words- yes I was aware that we had almost kissed, but hearing it from him made it more realistic.

"I'm not his official girlfriend." I stated- a sudden burst of confidence took over and had made me say that- I had an urge to make sure that he knew we were not really an item. It must be the adrenaline rush.
Mr Park slightly stiffened as he looked into my eyes expectantly- silently encouraging me to continue.
He wanted to hear more.
He wanted to hear me say that I didn't like Jungkook in that way.

And so I gave him what he wanted.

"I am, uhm, not his girlfriend. Yes, I uh- kissed him. But you know what? We almost kissed. Kissing somebody does not mean you're together" I said- suddenly cocky.
I have no idea where this came from.

He smirked, my eyes widened.

"You're absolutely right." He said- coming closer to me, but still keeping a safe distance.
Gosh.
"We almost kissed."

"Uh- yeah" I said nervously- returning to my usual self- now realising what kind of absolutely ridiculous and unrealistic kind of situation I was in.

I almost kissed my teacher.