Twelve

*Jimin's Point Of View*

"Jimin, please. I don't really want to talk about that. I know, it was a mistake. I wish I could take it back, but I can't. So please do not talk about it with me because I want to forget about it. Don't you?" her eyes locked on mine, and in that second, I felt my heart sink.
I've been chasing this girl around basically all year, waiting, hoping she would talk to me. But when I make my move, it's automatically shut down.

"Wait-"

"No, you're right. Lets just forget about it." I started up the car and noticed she didn't get out. My anger took ahold of me, "Are you going to get out... or what?"

She let out a soft, almost silent, sigh. "Look, I didn't mean-"

"No Soojin, it's fine. Just forget about it. Just forget about me." I was so angry with myself for even thinking a girl like her could ever carry the same feelings I did.
She didn't want her teacher, and I should've known that. She has better guys her age who are willing to date her.

Wait- maybe that's what she wants. Maybe she wants a steady relationship. I can give her that, so why doesn't she want me?
I rubbed the temples on my forehead and waited on the side of the street right in front of her house so I could see her walk safely in her house. I should've ended it all right there and left, but I couldn't just drop all my feelings towards her.
She was one of a kind.

~

"Hey Jimin," Jungkook said, as I walked into the house. I looked around noticing how quiet it was.
None of the other boys were here anymore, that explains it.

"Why the long face?"

I groaned and pushed past him and into the kitchen.
Man, did I need a drink right about now. All this girl stuff was messing with my mind, "Do we have anything to drink?"

"Nah, we drank everything at the party. What's going on? You usually don't ever drink," Jungkook said, taking notice of I guess my odd behaviour. Great, now I'll have to make up some sort of lie so I don't look like a wimp about a girl rejecting me.
Jungkook knew me all too well though and would see right through my lies.

"It's nothing." Lie.

"Jimin, you're like a brother to me, I know you're lying. Now, what did she say?" he asked me as I reached up in the cabinet to get out a glass.
I guess I was stuck drinking water for right now. I filled up the tall glass and turned to face Jungkook.
It's crazy how he just knows it's her.

"She just doesn't feel the same I guess," I said setting the glass down on the counter in front of me. I didn't really ever talk about relationship stuff with the boys because they wouldn't take me seriously. Most men just like to get some, but I prefer an actually relationship, but with Soojin, it was never going to happen.

"Are you kidding?" Jungkook asked me throwing his head back in laughter, "She is head over heels in love with you Jimin! Are you seriously that blind?"

"She told me the kiss as a mistake! How is that 'head over heels in love with me?'" I asked him as I rested my elbows on the counter and placed my head in my hands. This was all a bunch of shit. I didn't know why this always had to happen to me. Why me? "I should just give up on her. She's my student."

"Listen to me," Jungkook said sternly, causing me to look up, "Do not give up on her Jimin. I don't care if she begs you to leave her alone, she loves you. She doesn't want you out of her life, she just tells herself she needs you out. She thinks it's wrong to like her teacher the way she does. Trust me Jimin, her and I talked a lot about this over dinner."

I sighed, "I can't help her with that though. It is wrong! I can't lie to her and say everything is perfectly normal. She takes my History class, and I have to personally tutor her. It's torture for me knowing my job is on the line with this."