Getting Off the Planet

We fly back to the desert where the pod landed. I provide enough light to see it and I fix it up a little so we can fly. The moment we leave, the planet bursts into light.

"They're chasing us!" Elizabeth says.

"Yeah, I can see that!" I reply.

We fly faster until the planet is far behind us.

"When are we going to infiltrate the ship?" Revelin questions, obviously impatient.

"Yeah," adds Morrow. "We can't let them catch us before we catch them, and it seems like they're pretty close."

"Zach, I've known you since we were six, and you've always had a plan," Mamzcynski continues. "So what is it?"

"And you better make it quick," Bas adds. "They're gonna catch us soon."

"Calm down guys!" Dylan interrupts. "He's had a lot on his mind recently. Give him a second!"

Everyone is trying to yell over everyone, until I stop them.

"Everyone shut up!" I scream, growing my wings and taking out my bow, Before I even stop talking, my copies are surrounding the group, all with nocked arrows. The room grows darker. "If you would all be quiet, maybe I could think of one!"

The room is immediately silenced.

"First of all, we need to find their ship," I say calmer now. I bring up a hologram of a light ship to demonstrate, pointing at it and bringing up figures as I go. "Shadow Striker will cut through the airlock to get us in. Once we get in, Bullseye, Reaper, and I will keep the crew from alerting the commodore. We'll stop him from alerting the fleet. Viper will take out any assassins. Once we get the bridge, Vortex will provide a shield to protect us from the commodore's forces. I'll darken the room, while Viper sneaks up and injects him. If they offer to give us the ship, then we take it and give the commodore the antidote. Phantom will take over the second in command and convince them to pay. If they don't, the commodore dies. Once we have the ship and the fleet, we'll go after the supreme commander of light. Any questions?"

"Yeah," answers Morrow. "How are we gonna find a light ship?"

"Leave that to me," Dylan replies.

He stands there for a minute with his eyes closed. After a moment, he opens them.

"There's a fleet about thirty miles away," he begins. "The commodore's ship is at the back of the fleet. He intends to use it as a blast shield. It should make it easy to infiltrate, since none of the other ships will see us. Is there anything else we need to know?"

"Yep," I mutter. "Where's the airlock?"

"It's at the back of the ship. Bottom level."

"Alright, let's go."