Old Friends

"You ok?" I say apologetically as I help Elizabeth to her feet.

"Yeah," she replies painfully. "We had a deal Zach."

"I know. I needed this though."

"We agreed that we would only steal each other's kill if we were either at knife point or if we badly needed revenge."

"I did!"

"For what? Did he kill Sabrina or something?" she inquires sarcastically.

Without saying a word, I step to the side to let Elizabeth see her.

"Oh..." she murmurs. "I... I'm sorry."

"I got my revenge."

"Your girlfriend died."

"You think I don't know that?"

We were both silent as we walked up to the crowd. She looked around at us, looking confused. "I thought Dylan was with you."

At that, Sebby jumped up a tiny bit. He looked genuinely terrified.

"Sebby!" She ran up as if she was about to hug him, but then smashed her scepter across his face. "Where's Dylan?!"

"He... may or may not... have a giant hole in his chest. And he may or may not have gotten that hole from a... head... shaped... laser cannon." He was shaking so much a chihuahua would be jealous.

"Sebby... Why did you kill him?" she started raising her scepter, and my hand was already in the position to stop the blast. When she had it raised, she said, "Answer me, Sebastian!!"

Just as she brought up the scepter to strike, it was shot out of her hand by a bolt of lightning.

"Zach, stay out of this!" she said angrily.

"You realize that wasn't me right?"

"Who would it be then?

"I dunno. But they better stay out of this! Cough cough Colin cough." I clear my throat a couple more times to get the point across.

"Need a cough drop, Zach?" he asks.

"No. I won't be screaming much."