27. Sean

(A/N: play the song for more feels then keep on repeating till ur done reading for more feels lol but srsly.)   

Explanations and Complications

"Thank you for coming in such short notice." 

Trying to stifle a smile, I slightly gave him one and then took the seat in front of him. "It's not big deal, Romeo. Plus, this meant getting to see you so that I can talk to you. It's been a while though." He told me and he was agreeing with me.

What he said made me laugh awkwardly. It made me uncomfortable and made me want to finish all of these quickly. He invited me for a purpose and not just because he wanted to hangout with someone. If ever that were the case, I wouldn't be saying yes because I have a lot more important things to do than just simply and stupidly hang out with him. Harsh, but it's the truth. 

Especially knowing that he was an intruder to me and Elle, before. "I don't want to waste our time. We both have other things to do." I told him. 

Just when I said that, he took a deep breath. "Oh no, actually this is about Elle." He caught me off guard, I looked at him and he was looking at me too.

Gulping, I quietly asked him what's up. "What about Elle?" I asked and pretended that I was doing fine, I know that he knows I was trying to move on.

It hurt to know that she was still going out with Romeo. I know, she already told me before that she would choose me if she had a choice. I know that she also said that she still wasn't ready to talk to him about it yet but it still hurts. She always has a choice and she has to make the move if she really meant what she said. But I don't have the right to be jealous and get mad because I don't have a hold on her. To everyone, we're just really good friends and nothing more than that. 

He chuckled. "Yes Sean, you're right. But she already made a move and she really meant what she said. She already chose you." Wait, did I say that out loud? I'm so confused. "Look, the truth is. I already broke up with her. Because I knew that since the start, she already chose you. And she made a move, that night when you're at the beach in Santa Monica? She told me that she's going to tell you already, but she was too complicated. And I didn't know she's going to be drunk when she's going to do that." He told me. "She loves you so much, Sean. So much that no one could even imagine how." He added. "And for all those things I have done, I'm sorry." He said.

But I still can't get it. "Why would you break up and let her go?" I asked him.

Romeo smiled. "Why would I keep on fantasizing about a love she never had for me?" I looked at him and he was looking down while smiling weakly. "Just because I gave up on her, doesn't mean I never love her. But I just realized that she loves someone else. And the greatest thing I've done to her is give way, and that maybe one day, I'll find that place where the one for me and I could be together. And then I'd be able to catch my dreams within the wave of change. So don't feel bad for me, because I already had that someone." He added and chuckled.

That made me smile, it's good to know that he already realized all of that now. "Happy for you, dude." I told him and we fist bumped. 

"But now, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything I did, Sean." He started. "I'm sorry for being a douchebag, an asshole for breaking Elle at the first place. I'm sorry for ruining your relationship with her. I'm sorry for insulting her. I'm sorry that I came back to the picture. I'm sorry that I have to complicate you and her." I remembered everything he's done, and that made me hate him. "I know you're mad, but I'm really sorry." He said with weak eyes, and it made me question if he was worthy to be forgiven. He handed me a letter, and I didn't know what it is. Guess I'll check it out later.