Spotlight in the Darkness...

Elizabeth exited the school to go burn my books and bags while Taylor was still holding me down to the ground. My father, before he died, paid for all of my school books and if Elizabeth was to burn my books and bag I wouldn't have anything to remember him by because my mum tried to clear all of his things out of our mansion as soon as possible. If Taylor and her gang were to do this to me I would never forgive them or myself, not that it mattered to them.

*FLASHBACK*

"Father, where are you going?"
"I'm going away for a while Crystal, its for work purposes."
"But father, i need yo-
"NO CRYSTAL! You need you're mother, she will protect you."
"When will you return Father? And what do you mean work purposes?
"Listen Crystal, there are things you don't know about yourself or I, but you have to promise me, if I don't return do not go looking for me because you and you're mother are in enough danger already"
"What do you mean, Father? Me and mother are fine! It's you we should be worrying about, I can't believe you took up the new post at the State County Police Station, honestly how stupid could you have been!"
"How did you know about that! Did your mother tell yo-"
"No Father! Mother did not tell me, I overheard you both arguing in the dining room a few weeks ago, I thought it was about my clean image being ruined, you know with Taylor's boyfrie-
"Yeah, I know"
"OK , anyways I overheard you both arguing and I blamed myself but then I heard mother shout why would you leave her when she needs you most for a stupid upgrade post at the station? And she was right Father!"
"Crystal I'm not leaving you i'm just taking a break from Salem, this mysterious town begins to weigh down on your shoulders after a while..."
"Leaving, taking a break! I don't care Father! Either way you're not going to be here so why don't you just go already!"
"Now Crystal I never raised you to talk to me or anyone like that!"
"It's a bit hard to do that if you haven't been here half of my life because you have been trying to save other people!"
"Crystal PLEASE WAIT!!!!"
"Just go already!"

Then I returned to reality
I needed those books and the only way to do it was to get Taylor off me and chase down Elizabeth before she gets in her car and drives away with the intention of ruining my most precious memories that I had left with my Father. I had to stand up to Taylor or else I would lose the things that I held dearest to my broken heart. I kicked Taylor in the butt with my knee to get her to stop restraining my arms from moving, she fell with a crash to the floor and before she knew it I was running for the door until Charlotte step in front of me and pushed me onto my back. By this point Taylor had recovered and was running at me but I moved at the right moment because Taylor had took a dive at me but ended up smashing into Charlotte and they both rolled out of the school doors, struggling to get up again.

This was he perfect chance for me to run and I did. I jumped over Taylor and Charlotte who were still struggling to get up but realised I was too late. Elizabeth had just drove away but I wasn't giving up that easily. I rushed to my car , unlocked it and started the ignition. I chased after Elizabeth as she was taking many turns and her attempts to try and out drive me were failing miserably. Then she slammed the brakes purposely, almost making me crash into the back of her. She got out of the car and shouted at me,"You win, bitch" and then tossed my bag and books to the ground. I rushed quickly over to my items, chucked them into my car and I was about to get in but the thrive for revenge overpowered my knowledge. I slammed the car door and before Elizabeth could get a chance to get to her car I walked towards her and shouted," Hey Elizabeth!" She replied,"I don't want to talk to you, oh and if you breathe a word to Taylor that I didn't burn you books I will make you regret it, believe me"

"Oh really Elizabitch, I don't think your in the position to be making threats right now. We are playing you're messed up game by my rules now. So you return to school and say that you were too much of a coward, which you are, to face me and that if Taylor or her gang are to mess with me again you will go to the police and get them to file a case for cyber bullying and death threats.

"And if I don't play by your rules?" replied Elizabeth in her cocky, arrogant voice.
"Well let's just say there will be a lot more than my shattered confidence on the floor from now on" I said cunningly, trying to be as cunning as Elizabeth and succeeding.
"Are you threatening me"
"Maybe, I hope you understood the message, Did you?"
"I would die before I even thought about betraying Taylor, I will fight you if I have to!"
"Bring it on then"

Elizabeth and I were both preparing for our fight until I said,"Before I kick your stupid ass (Elizabeth rolled her eyes) It's sad that you have been brainwashed by Taylor and her gang of bullies. I thought there might have been hope for you, but I guess not.

I said this truthfully as Elizabeth and I had once been friends but she was brainwashed by Taylor and so was I. We thought we were going to get popular and actually be invited to the cool parties if we were friends with Taylor. We knew what she did but we were sick of being in the shadows and we were willing to do whatever it took to get Taylor's recognition. But to do that we had to bully, manipulate and lie and I wasn't taking that sacrifice because before my Father died in the hospital he told me to always speak the truth and never be the liar he and my mum had raised me not to be. So I left the group and have been haunted ever since.

But the real reason Taylor and her gang bully me so much in school is because I kissed her boyfriend. This boy had been my best friend for years, but one day we got a little closer and he tried to kiss me but I rejected him. I thought I would be happy if we were in a relationship but if that were to crash then we could never really be friends again and the thought of that was too hard to bear. The boy's name was Luke. He helped me through my Father's death, believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. He was the perfect best friend I ever had and one of the most important people in my life back then. But he took my rejection personally , he stormed out and left. He was so angry at me because he had been so nice but I still rejected him. I told him the reason why I did what I did but he didn't believe me.