F I F T E E N

My head knocked against the window again which woke me up - again. Maddy was sitting across the two seats with her legs laying flat across the seats and her back to the window. She looked over at me and smiled, "you fell asleep again. We're getting off in about 15 minutes."

I swallowed hard and rubbed my tired eyes. I had no idea what time it was but I knew we would be getting to the station soon. My hands went to my phone - but then stopped. What if I got another text from Elizabeth? Ignore it. That's what my gut told me to do but it did seem a little harsh. Nevertheless I did it anyway, my phone started powering on.

Just as I had feared, three texts.

Jamie had been trying to reach her? I looked at Maddy, she looked sort of happy for the first time in a while to be honest

Jamie had been trying to reach her? I looked at Maddy, she looked sort of happy for the first time in a while to be honest. I couldn't do that to her, give her another thing to be upset about or think about that might put her in a bad mood. I owed her that much, to keep her happy, I mean I didn't spend £40 on on train tickets to make her worried and sad. But jamie was trying get to her...

I reached into my pocket and found a five-pence coin, looked at its small silver structure and covered it with my fingers as it laid in my palm. I inhaled deeply and looked at it again.
Heads - I tell her, tales - I keep it to myself. I nodded and three it up into the hair, caught it and slapped it on my wrist. Heads, damnit. Well... Maybe just one more time to be sure... So I threw it up in the air, then caught it and slapped it on my wrist... Please please please I thought to myself. I slowly lifted my hand with my eyes closed, my hand was completely off my wrist, all I had to do was open my eyes... One and then my other to follow, opened and to my relief it was tales.

I looked at Maddy, she seemed uneasy about something. I shook my head and waved my hand to get her attention. She was biting her finger nails and when her eyes met mine, Maddy's hands lowered.
"Are you okay?" I asked her. Maddy's face relaxed and then her lips tightened. She shrugged her shoulders and looked down at her lap again subtly. Something was wrong, I had no doubt in the world that it was to do with that Seth guy.
If I ever met him, I think I'd give him a good kick - up the arse. How could he do this to her? Why would he talk about another girl in front of Maddy when he probably knows she likes him? That's lower than low. He doesn't have a empathetic bone in his body. I swear i'll kick his arse some day, for Maddy. But she won't know before hand because she would probably try and stop me.

I looked up again at her, Maddy's eyes were blood shot and her eyes were just about to spill. Fucking hell, Seth. This is your fault.
She tried wiping them away before I noticed but I did, I saw right through Maddy. She probably didn't know that it effected me. I couldn't take to see people cry, especially her. It left me feeling helpless. She put her head against the window and closed her eyes. This boy must have meant a lot to her, I could see it in her eyes.  What was I going to do? I didn't know what to do to make her feel better, I mean I knew taking her away from the city would help.