N I N E T E E N

"You're going to spill something on your shirt, now take it off until it's time to go." Jamie's mum said once she put down the pot of broccoli and cheese soup Jamie had made a few hours before I came over. It felt weird being around him because you know...
"Okay," I whinged and unbuttoned my white dress shirt. Jamie had already had dinner and now was getting ready for this stupid ball thing. I gulped my soup down really fast and then went to go brush my teeth upstairs. Jamie was fixing his hair though it looked the same. I smirked as I watched him do it. When he was satisfied with it he began tampering with his bow tie.
"You look fine," I said. He shook head. "No I don't, it's crooked." He wined, and caused me to roll my eyes. I finished cleaning my teeth and the dress shirt came on again then I began to mess with my bow tie again. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing because I knew how to do it really well. My mind was really on how Elizabeth was going to behave at that ball with Maddy around, if she was going to behave or if she was going to act like this jealous brat and embarrass us all. I only had to deal with Elizabeth for a few more hours and then I was done with her. But I wasn't done with another specific female. Maddy couldn't face me because I hurt her, many times and because we kept fighting. I couldn't face Maddy because she turned out to be in love with me but we had to speak, we could just continue this silent game because the silent game could turn into not talking really fast.

20 minutes later, Toby arrived with his girlfriend Karina and we began our little journey to Kensington. I sat in the back seat with jamie. About half way to Maddy's, he began paying his pockets frantically and checking his blazer pocket.
"What's up with you?" I asked. He look truly worried, "my phone, it's gone." I began to look a round me to see if it fell. Karina attempted to call it and she was the only one who could find it because besides Toby, she was the only one in the car who had a working pair of ears. Toby was driving so he was no help.
"Well where did you remember it last?" I asked jamie. He shrugged his shoulders. Toby stopped about three houses down fro, Maddy's and we just sort of sat there. "I don't know, I'm going to go look around the car. Could you just pick up Maddy?" I shook my head.
"Mate she's your girlfriend. This is your role, to see her at the door and look speechless when you see her in her dress with her hair done and take those stupid awkward photos." I argued weakly.
"I'll see her at the dance. What does it matter? Just go get her okay?" I wasn't going to argue, when he finds out what's going on, we'll have much more to argue about. I put my hands up in surrender and got out of the car.  I had been thinking about it tons, how did I not see it? I kind of wish she just told me how she felt. 

My heart started pounding as I stepped closer up the drive to her house. It was this big house in Kensington. About twice the size as mine, I mean I had a big house for where I lived which was a good place to live but her house was giant. I looked up to see a balcony with flowing blue curtains that moved with the soft wind, it had had a sheer curtain that covered the door. I saw a thin silhouette walk passed and my stomach felt liked it had been punched. It was Maddy's silhouette. She was in love with me and that's all I was going to think about when I looked into her blue eyes that had gold streamers that decorated her gorgeous face. I wouldn't be able to face her without feeling so guilty that I made her suffer, the amount of guilt that came over me was hard to slowly, so much guilt I couldn't even fathom it. I wouldn't be able to look her in the eyes without feeling like I ripped a peace of her heart out and ate it in front of her.

My heart pounded in my chest as I got closer to the door. I could feel the vibration in my ears, the closest to hearing it I would ever be. I tugged at my bow tie and touched the back of head where the nape of my neck started. The vibration of my pulse got stronger in my ears and I didn't really know what I was doing. Without another thought my finger laid on the door bell to alert the Kingsley's that the cruel boy with no heart or mercy who broke their sweet, beautiful daughters heart was here to take her. No one answered the door and I was about to just walk away but the door swung open to see this tall young man who looked strikingly like Maddy. That was probably Calum, her brother. His nostrils flared as he looked down at me, he was looking down at me... I was 6'3" and he was looking down at me... Just let that thought fester. He took a bite of an apple, chewed it and swallowed it.