T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Found pictures that remind me of what happened in the last chapter and made a collage of it.

I had never been happier. I laid with her for a few hours, sure my feet were having a hard time because they were hanging off the bed but I didn't care, I got to cuddle and kiss her. No one came into her room and I suppose our mums knew that we had made up and knew we needed time to catch up.

I stayed at the hospital until around 11 at night watching a marathon of a television show called Miranda, it's about this tall awkward lady who runs a joke shop with her friend and she has his over protective judgmental mother who always tries to set her up with guys. I caught most of what was going on and as soon as Maddy figured out how to get the subtitles to work, we were both in stitches laughing. I could feel Maddy shake on my chest as she giggled, it made me smile to look down upon her and see her happy.

For a while she fell asleep on me when we were laying closer to each other so I fixed it to make it more comfortable, I laid on my back with her head on my chest with one arm around her and the other one holding her hand. Her hair would be spread down her back and I'd gather it all in my hands and start playing with it which for some reason would make her dose off. I felt her heart beat slow on me, as if she was extremely relaxed. Her hand slipped out of mine and pawed my chest, resting it there. The hand on her back softly caressed her, I watched my freckled hand brush over her back, stroking her, going from her shoulders to the base of he spine then back up again. The hospital gown was loosely tied with canvas strings on her, gaps in the back showed off her flawless fair skin, I put my finger where her back was exposed, it was so soft, the feel of it reminded me of that day at the water park when she put her legs on top of mine on that ride. My finger stroked the skin exposed and eventually she shifted herself in the middle of me, Maddy laid on my chest with one hand on where my heart was and another beside me. Her legs laid in between mine and ended at my mid shin. My eyes went down her back to her feet to survey her, admiring what was rightfully mine now. I sounded possessive, I didn't mean to but I was allowed to think this.

My eyes started at her feet, her toes were painted a neon pink colour, her hospital gown ended at her knees. It was tied tightly at the bottom was loose where her back was, my was still there, rubbing her back, stroking her. The nape of Maddy's neck was concealed by light baby hairs, I could see the top of her spin which stuck out because of how tiny and thin she was. My favourite part to look at was her face, specifically her lips, they were pink and had a sharp v-shape on her upper lip, just looking at them I could remember how they felt.

Maddy began to shake a little, she was freezing all of a sudden, I reached for the blanket at the bottom of her bed and threw it over the both of us, tucking it around her snuggly and kissed her head as I strapped my arms around her for extra warmth. I didn't know how I was going to let go of her at the end of the night, but I didn't think about that, I just thought about now, how perfect everything was, how I had the perfect girl laying with me and how I loved her with all of my heart, how she loved me for me. It was all perfect, I was in bliss.

Okay so I could go on and on about my perfect second half of the day with her and how many times I kissed her after that without her hiding her feelings towards me or how I kissed her, or how I prefer the way I kiss Maddy vs Elizabeth and I could go on and on about how I'm the happiest and luckiest guy in the whole world until I'm blue in the face but I'm not going to bore you with my romance. At 11 I went home with my mum because her shift was over and she had the night off. It was very hard for me to go home, honestly I would have loved to spend the night with her but she was going to be discharged 10am tomorrow morning so I'd see her tomorrow hopefully. God I hoped so.

I really didn't want to go home, but at the end of the evening I kissed her goodnight and went home with my mum, I hid my face from her on the drive home, looking out my window. The worst part is Eloise and my mum saw me kiss her goodnight as well, so they knew all of it without anyone having to say anything.
No one had to tell them I was madly in love with Eloise and Edward's daughter and no one had to tell them that I wasn't ready to part from her. It was obvious, bloody obvious.