Chapter 11

Liana's POV

"I'm here" I said into the phone. "Okay. Wait" the other line replied and hung up.

I stood there in the freezing cold. Drips of water falling down the leaves of the dense trees. My hair soaked in the cold rain. My life was already ruined. My daughter was kidnapped, my family was distressed and me... What I felt could not be explained in words. Everything happened because of me, I feel like killing myself right now.

I waited as the chilled tears rolled down my eyes. My heavy breathing was suddenly blocked with a bag put forcefully on my head. My view was cut off with the black cloth. 

"At last after the long wait I have you" the masculine voice said.  "I can't breathe" I choked, coughing trying to breathe.

"Calm down baby" he said laughing evilly. "Where's Darcy?" I yelled. "Be patient we'll get to it soon. Now shut up or else I'll make sure you can never talk again" he growled.

He dragged me somewhere I didn't know. After what I assumed, we reached our destination he pulled the bag out, from over my face and threw me near the wall. My nose hit the wall and immediately started bleeding.
I groaned in pain and anger shot into my veins. "Give me my daughter back!" I yelled furiously.

"Aha.... Anger much. I like it daughter"

"Please leave her. I beg you dad please" I sobbed kneeling down, folding my hands near him.

"You know I'm having a Deja Vu feeling today. 15 years back you were begging near me just the same way you are right now. Only the difference is that, that time you were begging me to leave your mother and sister and now you are begging me for your daughter" he said proudly.

I sobbed burying my face into my hands. "Don't worry. I have nothing to do with that poor daughter of yours. All I want is you. I'll leave your daughter soon" he said laughing.

"Now I'm tired. I'm going to rest. See that you don't try to escape or else you know what I'll do" he said and smirked.

I nodded and tried to stop my streaming tears.

I sat down in the corner watching Dad's figure disappear. My already tired body gave up and I felt dizzy. I fell asleep resting my head on the wall.

______________________________

My half asleep self was disturbed by the door creaking open. I immediately sat up straight and saw a man approach with a little girl in his arms.

"Dar-cy" I struggled to say as I trembled in the cold. The man came and gave her to me. She was not in her senses.

"Wh-what have you done to her?" I asked, starting to cry again. "Nothing, she's just sleeping. Relax" he replied. He seemed to be a little calm and gentle.

I sobbed and tightened my grip around her delicate frame. I kissed her cheek and all over her face. I was happy that she was okay.

"Mommy?" her voice suddenly arose. "Oh my god, yes baby. You okay?" I said looking at her.

"Yes mommy I'm owkay.  But your nose, blood" she said running her fingers through my bleeding nose.
"It's nothing baby. Mommy's okay" I told her hugging her tight.

"Why did bad man bring me here?" she asked innocently. I was obvious that she was curious on knowing why she was brought here.

"Shh.... It's nothing. Mommy's here with you. Everything will be alright" I told her and she dug her face into my chest.

"I love you baby" I whispered and held her tight.

All this while the man who brought Darcy was watching us from the door.

I looked at him and that was the first eye to eye contact between us. He looked so similar to Dad.

"Dad- Um... Dave's sleeping, I thought you might want to see your daughter. But I have to take her back before he wakes up" he told me. I swear I heard him call Dad, dad.

"Why are you even helping us?  Aren't you supposed to be Dad's man?" I asked him.

He looked like he was trying to find an answer. Deep into his eyes I could see guilt. What was he guilty for? Who was he?

"Who are you?" I asked, eyeing him with suspicion. "Aiden Seville" he said.

Seville, that was the last name of Dad too. That gave rose to more suspicions. He could sense my suspicions so he was about to go.

"Wait! Aiden who are you?" I called out again. "Why are you helping me?" I asked again.

"I'm Dave's son. Your half brother" he said. "My half brother" I repeated and chuckled.

"How many more truths am I yet to know?" I said and sobbed. He sat down opposite to me and looked at me.

"Dave killed your family because of me and my mom. He thought if he would put your family out of his way, he could stay happily with his second wife. I was the result of his one night stand with his high school girlfriend Maria. I was 4, Dave was married to your mother. You were born when I was 5. My mom was very demanding. She demanded marriage from him. But he couldn't because he was already with your mom. My mom's pressures and the daily fights with your mom made him frustrated and he took up drinking. After a few years I came to know that he killed your mother and sister" he told and I sat astonished with the revelations.

After sometime of taking in what he said, I asked "Then why didn't he just get married to your mom, in the first place?"

"marrying my mother would mean going against his father's wishes. There was some kind of a business contract between your mother's father and Dave's father"  he explained. 

"but I still don't understand why you want to help us" I told him. "I'm with Dave, that doesn't mean I like what he does or has done. I couldn't go against him because I knew he'd kill me too. I have no where to go. I have to stay here with him even if I don't like it.  Look Liana, I'm with Dave but it doesn't mean that I will do what he is doing. He has kidnapped you. And your my sister. We are related by blood. We can't change that right?" he said.

I closed my eyes and let tears slip from my eyes. "I can't believe out of the many bad things at least something good has turned out" I told him.

He looked a little taken aback when I said that. "Liana I know it's difficult but just trust me for once and I'll get you out of this. I promise" he said coming near me.

"Aiden first just help Darcy get to Harry. You can help me later" I told him. He nodded and took out his phone.