.:Third Times The Charm:. (Luppi Love Story)*Sixteen*

The days fell into a blurry mess. Hours or minutes; who knew which was which. All I knew what that my body was growing weary. Weak. I was simply tired. The hunger faded long ago. All I wanted to do now was sleep. So when light spilled in to my den, and I was being carried out, I didn't focus much on who was carrying me, or where they were taking me.

I closed my eyes, and drifted back and forth between sleep and fuzziness.

I wasn't sure how much time passed or why the sudden change, but soon, my strength began to return. I wasn't as tired. It may have been weeks or months, but one day, I found myself sitting up in a bed, staring at a familiar wall. Books lined up on the wall, presenting my former room to me. Was this a dream?

"M-Masami?" A voice called out, arms wrapping around my neck. A bodies weight pressed down on me, forcing me deeper into the bed.

"Mom?"

"It's me.." She responded, leaning back away from me so she could look me over. Observe me. I did the same in return, accepting that I might have actually been home.

"How long have I been home?" I asked, not sure if that was the best question to be asking now, but I was curious.

"Masami.." My mother spoke softly, eyes casting away for a moment from me. "How long do you think it's been?"

"A few weeks?"

Was.. that a sob I saw come from my mom? About to question my mom if she was okay, the door creaked open, exposing a familiar face. A sad face, however.

"Luppi?" Falling from my lips. He had aged. That was.. odd.

"Masami," My mother spoke out, brining me back to the conversation I was having with her, "you've been gone for several years.."

"Years?"

"Yes."

How was it that years had passed before I'd woken up? Or had I only been gone for years? I wasn't sure that I wanted an answer to that. "Where's dad?"

"............" Silence filled the air.

"Mom...?"

Cutting in, Luppi coughed, walking over to the bed I was resting in. Sitting beside my mother, he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Mai, why don't you go inform the other? I'll talk to Masami, okay?"

".....Right.."

I was slightly annoyed, but more so concerned that my question hadn't been answered.

After mom left the room, Luppi began his explanation.

"Your father is fine. She's just in shock right now, I think. Your dad is with Grimmjow in Soul Society, discussing how to bring peace for everyone."

"Oh.. that's good then, right?"

"Yeah.." He spoke softly before growing completely silent.

"Is... something wrong?" I questioned. He wasn't exactly the quiet type.

"No.. just.. I'm sorry.. I've been waiting years for you to wake up and make sure you're okay.. This was all my fault. You disappearing for months, then being in a coma for years-"

That answered that for me. How delightful. Placing my hand on top of his, I replied, "You're not to blame Luppi. Really.."

"Masami, I can't do that again. I can't lose you again.. Not to someone else, not to my idiocy, and not to some stupid coma. Several years have passed...I-"

Leaning forward, I did something that probably shocked me more than it did him. I kissed his forehead. It was gentle, but loving nonetheless.

I wasn't sure what the future had in store, but I knew I wanted him in it with me. Surely peace would be impossible to obtain, so maybe, for just a little while; our getaway escape from the world without a word to others would be most beneficial to our youth. I couldn't imagine anything better than spending solitude, away from everyone I knew, with the man I feel head over heels in love with. How such an odd male was able to get me fall in love with him was beyond me. But he managed to do so, and I will continue to love him until the end of time. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Author's Note

I apologize for crappy ending. I really wanted to give this up entirely, but so many of you are such dedicated people and I would have felt awful if I didn't give any bit of closure. So I wrote a crappy end so ya'll would have some closure. Thanks for following me and being so supportive. Luppi deserves much more attention and love. And a hell of a better fanfiction, lmao.