.:Third Times The Charm:.(Luppi Love Story)*Five*

Chapter Five

Pointing a finger out, I stared in admiration at the continuous grainy sands of Hueco Mundo. Luppi than would explain, as best as he could, what was in that direction.

I was learning so much from him. It just put me in awe, and I’d ask more questions, then more, and more, so lost in interest in everything. Hollows were so unique. Menos Grande! Such a big creature, but so weak. We, the arrancars, were the highest level since we were capable of thoughts.

"Masami." Luppi broke my thought process, looking at me.

"’Sup?" I asked, blinking, and looking at him.

"Do you think you’re an arrancar? Is that why you want to learn so much" He asked.

"Well yeah. I need to know my origin.." I nod, looking back out at everything.

"I hate to break it to you, but this isn’t the only ‘origin’." He said, scratching his head. "You have some Soul Reaper in you as well."

"I-I’m also a shinigami?" I asked, blinking.

"Yeah, your parents never told you?" He asked.

"No, I just assumed that since I lived here…. I never asked my parents before about whom I am. I’ve never had to question my existence before." I shrugged. And I wouldn’t now. What was the point? We live, and we die. Life goes on whether you’re here or not.

"Well than, good thing I’m here to teach you." He grinned, pushing his elbow into my side.

"What are you doing?" I ask, looking at his arm.

"Huh?" He looked down, as if trying to figure out a way to explain it. "Well, I guess it’s a way to express excitement or teasing."

"You are excited?" I asked.

"Of course. I’m spending quality time with a Princess!" He said.

"I’m not a ‘Princess’." I said, curling my toes. "Don’t call me that. Airi is Princess. I’m me. Remember?" My voice seemed to have gotten a bit harder and higher pitched.

"You’re mad." He said, lips straight as he studied my faced. "Yes Masami, you’re your own person. By far."

He had a look in his eyes, as if lost in thought, yet studying me. It made me feel awkward. I squirmed under his gaze until he looked elsewhere.

"Hey, look, I’m sorry." He apologized, placing a hand on my shoulder. I glanced away, sighing softly, looking down.

"It’s fine. I don’t care." I responded.

It grew silent again. Obviously I cared, but I was just putting on a tough front. Standing up from my spot, I decided it was time to go. "I’m going to head back to my room."

"Ah, let me accompany you there." He asked, rising as well, beginning to walk along side me as I made way for a door that led to a set of stairs.

After the stairs, there was the long corridor that would lead out to the rooms. Of course, Luppi knew his way around this place as well as I did, so neither of us was leading the way. We were just walking.

When I did reach my room, I bowed, and went into my room, not sparing any words for him. What was the point?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luppi was finally back. It felt so great to finally have him home. He was gone for 16 years. The same amount of years I grew up having him near me, only to have him gone that long. I was so happy to know he was safe, but mortified to know he hadn’t been capable of moving on. He was the type that had the large ego, believing he could get anyone he wanted. Yet here he was.