.:Third Times The Charm:. (Luppi Love Story)*Eight*

Chapter Eight

Was this what it felt like to die? You felt so at ease? Like nothing mattered. Your whole life flashes before you eyes, and you just accept your fate, and that you were going to die. I didn't mind if this is what death felt like. It was so peaceful and warm. I'd embrace it.

Forget about everyone and everything, only accept death. It's all that I needed in my life.

There was that sound again, but I still couldn't hear. I couldn't breathe. But I didn't want to. I was ready to die.

Goodbye..

I broke out in a coughing fit, choking on the air. I felt my body spazzing, shaking, trembing, fighting for life, trying to warm myself back up. I might have been ready to die, but my body fought for life. I wasn't sure how this worked, but it did.

“Masami, you idiot!” A voice yelled in the far distance, or so it seemed. A heavy weight appeared on my ribs, causing pain to erupt up my abdomenal region. I twinged at the pain, coughing harder, forcing water out of my lungs and air pipes, drawing in fresh air, only to cough more.

“Get off me..” I mumbled, lifting a shaking hand onto my ribs, rolling over onto my side, huddling myself together in a painful ball in order to warm myself up.

That voice—it was so familiar. Who was it?

Peering open an eye, I looked up at the person, who seemed to be currently holding me close to his chest. “Luppi?” I asked, stunned by this. He followed me?

“You're dead wrong if you think I'm letting you go that easily.” He said, stern voice. He was being so serious, and he meant what he said.

“..............” I couldn't bring myself to say anything. Instead, my eyes closed shut, and they remained that way for a bit. Who was I kidding myself? I couldn't love him. I barely knew him. I just wanted to be the one to love him, though such feelings would have to grow by getting to know him. At the moment, I only liked him, but that was good enough to me. Those feelings could progress to grow, as long as he remained here.

“I'm sorry for upsetting you.” He finally said, breaking the silence. Breathing in deeply, I pushed the thoughts aside. He was broken. I wasn't sure what exactly happened between him and Ai, but it obviously wasn't something he liked if it put him in this state of mind.

“Don't worry about you.” I managed to get out, reopening my eyes, giving him a small smile. After all, he looked like he could use a smile.

“I need to make it up to you..” He said, placing his forehead against mine.

“Just don't leave yet.” I say. “Stay here, and allow me to get to know you.”

“I don't normally take orders, but for you, yes.” He said, cupping my cheek gently. A small flush tinted my cheeks. I went to glance away, but he forced me to stay stairing at him, and oh so slowly, he leaned down, lips hovering over mine.

Taking in a deep breath, I held it, and slowly released the hot heat from my mouth.

“MASAMI!!” A voice shreaked, waking me from my deep slumber. Becoming suddenly alert, I shot up in my bed, looking around the room frantically until I caught on to Ai standing there next to my bed.

“E-ehh..?” I croaked out with the sleepy fog, wiping my eyes with limp hands. “What is it?”

“You have been sleeping for a while now..” Ai explained, sitting down on the bed. “I saw you shift your head, and was relieved to know you were waking up.” She laughed a bit, scratching her cheek. “I was terrified that I lost you..”