Chapter 2: Magically

~Your POV~

A week went past, and Ben seemed to grow distant from me. He stayed in his room more, and if he were to leave, it was only to eat or hike into the forest.

I acted like I was fine, though. Poe kept me distracted with piloting exercises or physical training outside. But it really wasn't helping. Ben kept seeping into my mind anyways. I dreamt of him constantly; of what life would be like when he left, or when he got back.

But today, I woke up scared. I dreamt that everything was covered in darkness. Did that mean something? It had to mean something. Leia once told me when I was younger that dreams showed our deepest desires. Darkness was surely not one of them.

Light seeped through the curtained window. I rolled over trying to fall back asleep, but I saw a note on the floor that must have been slipped under the door of my room. I stood up, walked over and picked it up. It read:

(Y/N)-

I want to apologize for pushing myself away from you. Mother suggested that I do so because it would be easier to say goodbye to you in the end. But I can't stand it anymore. Being away from you hurts too much. I cannot bear the pain any longer.

I know you must hate me at this point, but all I'm asking for you is to please hear me out:

Meet me at the edge of the forest nearest to the lake at 2200 tonight. I'd really like to talk to you. It's words for only your ears.

Please, that's all I ask.

Yours Truly,

Ben

I looked at the clock on the wall, it was already past noon. I'd go. Of course I would, he was my best friend after all. I had about nine hours to go anyway.

I went to my refresher and showered quickly. After, I tied my (H/L) (H/C) hair into a bun on top of my head before I put on black leggings and a green, long-sleeved shirt. I took a while to brush my teeth, like I always did. I threw on some boots before heading to the kitchen to make myself something to eat.

~~>>~~<<~~

I had about four hours left until 2200 as I finished my last mile with Poe.

He was convinced that he could beat me in a two mile race around the exterior of the lake. He failed miserably, but insisted it was because he let me win. But I knew he was lying.

We were resting against a pile of boulders next to the lake. The balcony Ben and I were at a week before was in view, and so was Ben. From what I could see, he wore his normal robes, but they were much darker than normal, that I could defiantly tell. I could sense him looking at me, so I waved. Luckily for me, he waved back.

"You up for another mile, (Y/N)?" Poe asks between breaths.

"Just so I can beat you again?" I ask, smiling. "Sure."

"What makes you think I let you win?" He says, shaking his head.

"Just give it up, Fly Boy," I smirk. "You know I won fair and square."

"I will not admit to anything." He pushes my arm playfully.

"Sure," I laugh. "I'll beat you to the kitchen!"

I race off towards the palace (as I called it) before Poe could protest. He quickly followed behind me, easily catching up. We pushed past officers of the Republic, getting annoyed glares thrown at us. But we both didn't care. We were acting childish amd it was our way of having fun.