Chapter 23: Chasten

~Your POV~

Consciousness comes slowly.

First, it's the ringing in my ears; then, it's the light that makes my eyes flutter open; and lastly, it's the soft snoring coming from somewhere. I try propping myself up, but I only fall backwards onto a pillow. My eyes adjust to the darkness. I feel something stir. A brooding presence awakens, getting up from wherever it is to walk towards me.

"You're up." Ren's voice is hoarse, like he had been crying.

I stare at the ceiling. "How long have I been out?"

"Including today?" He clears his throat. "Three days now."

I nod. I refuse to meet his eyes, for I knew what I'd see. I'd see what he didn't want anyone to see: his emotion filled expression. The conflict within him was strong, he wanted to express things to me he hadn't in years. But years of training, I know, would stop him from doing so.

"Where are we?" I ask simply.

"My quarters," he says, honesty in the two words.

"Why?"

He tenses. "The medics said not to move you."

I sigh as I throw the silk, black sheets off of me. "Well, I think I'll be going now."

"No," Ren says sternly. "That's not what the Supreme Leader wants."

"I don't care what Snoke wants," I respond. "I'm leaving."

"If you leave now, you'll be considered an enemy of the Order and you will be terminated," he scowls.

I was already an enemy of the Order. Didnt he call me a traitor a few days ago? "So be it."

Pushing myself up, I try to get up, but Ren's hand grips my neck as he pushes me back onto the bed. "Stay. Down."

I muster up all the strength I have and push him off of me. He hits the far wall with such a force, I swear he could've broken something. But he gets up unharmed, blood dripping from his lip and the scar that dominates most of his face threatening to open back up. The look he sends me makes me want to crawl into a corner and hide. It's truly terrifying.

"B-Ben I didn't mean to," I say, backing up towards the bed's backboard.

He doesn't say anything. The anger that swells within him surrounds us both, as well. His gloved hand reaches out towards me, and I find myself flying to him; his fingers lock around my neck once more.

"Don't. You. DARE." Ren's dark eyes pierce into my (E/C) ones. Every amount of anger he ever held towards me, towards anyone, was fueled into this. I could sense it. He throws me to the ground, my red gown billows around me. He looks at me with disgust. "Get a shower. You reek like a scavenger."

I knew it was an insult to Rey, I saw it in his head that it was, but I don't respond. He leaves swiftly, taking his anger and wretched mask with him.

~~>>~~<<~~

The shower is refreshing.

Ren has a variety of different hair care products to choose from. I end up using a shampoo and conditioner that makes my hair smell like flowers. Come to think of it, it reminds me of what I used to use for my hair back on Corellia many years ago. I scrub off all of the grime, and I make sure to wash off any leftover blood.

When I get out, steam surrounds me. I dry myself off with a towel before wrapping in around my bare body. Ren's room is still empty when I get out of the refresher. The only thing that is out of place is the clothing and a box that's been set out on the bed.