Chapter 16: Senses

~Your POV~

By the time Tarika and I left the medbay, she had a bandage that covered the entirety of her face under her right eye. The only other thing visable was her mouth, which was set in a line. She had ceased to talk, I only assumed because of shock. I would be too. This has been the most traumatic thing for her in the six years of her life.

"Sweetheart, I need to check something in Command really quick," I say. She looks at me and nods silently.

Our walk to Command is a strange quiet. Tarika's never quiet, so it was hard to process the noiselessness. Leia was at the end of the hallway. Her eyes widened when she saw us.

"What happened now?" She horridly asks.

"It's very hard to explain, General," I reply. "The Force has done something unthinkable."

"Spill it then," she says, and then kneels down to look at Tarika."Oh, Tari, what happened to you?"

"Grandmother, the man in my dream got hurt and so did I," she mumbles.

Leia looked up at me. "You have some explaining to do." She then gave a slight smile to her granddaughter. "Tari, will you go over and bug Threepio?" Tarika nodded, a slight smile also appearing on her face. She walked into Command as Leia got up from her kneeling position. "Talk."

"The Force made us feel what happened between Han and your son, correct?" Leia nodded slightly. "Well, it made me feel a blaster shot he received. Tarika also felt it. It caused both of us to bleed. Tarika had a cut while I had a gaping hole in my waist."

"You're saying through the Force, you received the same wounds he did?" She was being skeptical.

"Yes," I respond. "After awhile, I then felt a fiery swipe across the face. She felt it too, but she's the only one to receive a cut. Dr. Kalonia healed it, but said she'd have a permanent scar."

"Who's the man in her dreams?"

I don't meet her gaze. "Her father."

Leia sighed. "We have confirmation on the destruction of Starkiller Base. I cannot tell you whether or not the father of your child made it out alive or not."

She was being hostile. One, she had refused to utter the acknowledgement of her son; and two, she was looking everywhere except at me. I knew the pain she felt, she had just lost Han now, but still. Her son was still her son, even with all of the sins he had commited.

It made me realize how I inwardly treated him. I barely talked about him around Tarika, I didn't try to think about him, I had even stopped wearing a stupid long-sleeved shirt of his. He didn't consume my mind anymore, just my nightmares. For me, even if I tried to not think about him, the thought of him still haunted my mind.

"What about Finn and Chewie?" I ask, just avoiding the subject of her son altogether.

"We have word that they're on their way back here," she says.

"Is there an estimated time?" I question, twisting a strand of my (H/L), (H/C) hair.

"They should be here within ten minutes."

I sigh. "I never got the chance to apologize, Leia."

She looked at me with stern eyes. "Apologize about what?"

"For all of the lies," I say.

"I knew why you had to, (Y/N)," she says. "You felt like hiding the identity of Tarika's father would protect yourself, your child, and him. It worked, obviously. Only a few people know, correct?"