Chapter 37: Revealing

~Your POV~

It feels like hours have passed and I have yet to find anything. I have gone through many passageways, passed a semi-frozen lake, yet there's been nothing.

How could I know what I was even looking for? Yoda didn't make that clear, neither did Ben.

"Know in time, you will..."

How could I be certain? I know that the small Jedi was wise, but I couldn't find it in me to believe him. This cave was too vast and I was already sure that I lost where the entrance was. Even though it was probably most likely that I wouldn't find a single thing in this cave, I couldn't lose hope. I didn't know why I couldn't give up. I told myself that I was doing this for Tarika, and that pushed me to try harder.

Suddenly, it feels like the air has been sucked out of the room. The Force around me grows stronger, darker. I look around for anything, something, but I find nothing. I'm still alone in the passageway I've stopped in. The feeling around me wouldn't leave me, even after I move on. It haunted the back of my mind with its presence.

After looking around for a while longer, I find what looks like an empty cavern, except for a throne-like rock formation in the center. I find it curious, and I walk around it to get a better look at it. The darker presence grows bigger as I stand in front it. Out of curiosity, I reach out and touch it.

A wave of dizziness hits me, throwing me off balance. It brings me to my knees.

"You're weak."

The voice was male, familiar. I look behind me for the source of the voice, only to find no one. Slowly, I get myself up, the dizziness is still there. Then I hear it, the soft telltale sound of breathing. The hair on my neck stands up. I look up at the throne, and I see a man sitting on it. His eyes stare down on me, one amber and one like shiny, black metal; I couldn't tell who he was. He wore dark clothing, including a dark brown cloak that shielded most of his face from me.

But what I could see of him didn't seem fully human, but almost half-machine

But what I could see of him didn't seem fully human, but almost half-machine. The parts of him that weren't covered by his cloak, his hands, were metallic. He got up from the throne. I notice that he's tall, with a muscular build. As he stands, the hood of his cloak falls off, revealing his face.

I knew exactly who he was the moment it was off.

Anakin Skywalker.

I could feel the dark aura surrounding him in the Force. When compared to Ben, this aura was suffocating. I felt nothing but pain and anger, the fuel of the Dark Side.

But the Darkness I felt from him wasn't like the Light I had felt before. This was pure, dark, concentrated energy that surrounded me and him alone. I was compelled to move closer to him, tempted to reach out and latch on to the Darkness that was him, but I stopped. That wasn't what I wanted for myself, the Darkness wasn't going to bring me back to my daughter.