Chapter 40: Dealings

~Ben's POV~

The uncertain feeling, the accent: of course it'd be the Savanger to ruin the moment. I shot her a glare, and she shot one back.

"Alright, we'll see her." (Y/N)'s voice breaks the tension in the air. "Come on, Ben."

I stand and pick Tarika up in my arms. The Scavenger gives (Y/N) a look.

"She only wants to see you, (Y/N)," she says. She glares at me. "He is to be locked up until the Republic deals with him for his treason."

~~>>~~<<~~

~Your POV~

Rey's words weren't shocking: it's what I expected.

"No, he's not going to be locked up," I say. "He's coming with me to see the General."

"(Y/N), I'm sorry, but we have to." Poe walks up from behind Rey with cuffs in his hands. "General's orders."

I glare at him. There was no way Ben was being cuffed. I felt the tickle of flames in the palm of my hand. The Force around me changed, darkened; I pressed into Poe's mind forcefully. I shifted around his thoughts almost carelessly until I grabbed onto the order he was given. With one simply thought, I forced the order to be forgotten. I gave him a new one.

"You will drop the cuffs and take us to the General."

He stared at me and my flame-engulfed hands, trying to fight the grip I had on his mind. "(Y/N)... st-stop..."

"You will drop the cuffs and take us to the General," I repeat, pressing harder into his mind.

His eyes go blank. "I will drop the cuffs and take you to the General."

The cuffs hit the tarmac with a clang.

I feel some thing drip down my lip. The moment it drips down, I can taste the rusty liquid: blood.

"(Y/N)..." Ben's voice was just a whisper. He still held Tarika close in his arms, but now had her facing away from me. I turn to him and he gives me a questioning glance, his eyes then dart from my hands back to my eyes.

No one else spoke on the tarmac; it was deathly silent. I looked around to see everyone look at me and my hands with wide eyes. Rey had a strong grip on the hilt of the lightsaber she held in her right hand. I was tempted to yell at her to use it, but didn't since my saber was packed away.

"This way to the General." Poe's monotone voice snapped everyone out of their shock. Ben was still, almost afraid to walk forward. I take his free hand and pull him behind me. I followed Poe quickly, the clicking of my heels on the tarmac being the only sound made. The flames that adorn my hands extinguish themselves.

I could feel everyone else follow us, especially Rey and Finn; they kept close in fear I'd do something more to their friend.

Poe passed the threshold of the main building with me and Ben at his heels. "Command is just a few doors down to the left. She should still be in there with Luke."

"Thank you, Poe," I say. I let go of his mind and his eyes regain their liveliness.

"What just happened..?" He asks, pressing his hand to his temple.

"Nothing," I smile. After the word leaves my lips, Rey stepped in front of him. She throws me a look that I can only define as guarded. Although no words are said, I can feel tension grow between us. In this moment, I don't care.